Youtube Playlist Issues

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
lirong
New Cone
New Cone

Youtube Playlist Issues

Postby lirong » 08 Dec 2013 21:39

Hi All.

I am using VLC to play back a Youtube playlist I created.

While I have succeeded in opening the playlist in VLC, it will only play back certain videos. It skips and gives me error message for others. The error message I am receiving is below. Can anyone help me figure out whats wrong and how I can get this to work properly? Thank you.

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://r5---sn-8xgp1vo-xfge.googlevideo ... 03D4565B5B'. Check the log for details.
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://r2---sn-8xgp1vo-xfgl.googlevideo ... 82D0484141'. Check the log for details.

JSLover
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Win7

Re: Youtube Playlist Issues

Postby JSLover » 09 Dec 2013 06:19

...it will only play back certain videos.
...if the videos it WON'T play are VEVO (or otherwise "protected") then you need to update your YouTube.lua.

I believe the current/official YouTube.lua should be enough to play VEVO videos (how old is your VLC?), but I'll just recommend my version...
"why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" — jawed (2013) (about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)

youtube.lua — Play YouTube videos in VLC!
Updated: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 --- 1/15/15, 7:19:19pm EST

forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=111977&p=379147#p379147
Sigh, the above can't be a link: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]."...so, I can't even link back to a post on this forum?
How about this: can long-term/trusted users be allowed links in sigs?

lirong
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lirong » 09 Dec 2013 23:05

They are Vevo videos so I will try what you recommend. Thanks.

lirong
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lirong » 11 Dec 2013 01:21

This worked for me - thank you.

I wanted to post and confirm that for anyone else who may be having this issue.

robert.kent87
New Cone
New Cone

Postby robert.kent87 » 14 Dec 2013 13:48

I can't open playlists at all, any playlist. Tried both latest 32bit and 64bit players and that custom youtube lua. Nothing happens, doesn't even open the list of videos and there is no error message. Individual videos work tough

JSLover
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Win7

Postby JSLover » 15 Dec 2013 01:19

I can't open playlists at all, any playlist. ... Individual videos work tough
...yes, my YouTube.lua is only supposed to make "Individual videos" work. Sorry, for the confusion.

Unfortunately, there is a language problem, YouTube.lua, in VLC, is called a "playlist script"...what that means is that it's a "playlist script" for VLC's playlist...it doesn't mean it's a script to play YouTube's Playlists.

I can't seem to find it right now, but I thought there was a file called "youtube_playlist.lua". Which actually decodes YouTube's Playlists into VLC, at which point my YouTube.lua would take over to decode them so VLC can play them.
"why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" — jawed (2013) (about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)

youtube.lua — Play YouTube videos in VLC!
Updated: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 --- 1/15/15, 7:19:19pm EST

forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=111977&p=379147#p379147
Sigh, the above can't be a link: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]."...so, I can't even link back to a post on this forum?
How about this: can long-term/trusted users be allowed links in sigs?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”