Aspect ratio / Crop ratio not staying locked in with playlis

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
dinglesniff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Aspect ratio / Crop ratio not staying locked in with playlis

Postby dinglesniff » 13 Jun 2013 17:34

I have two monitors and have set my aspect / crop ratio to 530:165 when I set this, the video looks great if I open only 1 file. However, the minute I set it into a playlist, the subsequent files move to the default. Is there a way to fix this?
I scoured the web to play videos on both monitors and VLC is the only solution ( in wallpaper mode), it woudl be great if multiple files would maintain the set forces aspect/crop ratio.
EDIT:
Ok I downloaded VLC 2.1.0 pre1-20130610-0403 Rincewind and the problem is that it goes to wall paper mode correctly (for some reason there does not seem to be an option to turn off start at wallpaper mode) but it is not displaying at the 530:165 aspect/crop ratio on both screens you need to manually switch the wallpaper video to the other screen until it shows up on both then push A / C to get it to crop correctly.
See Below:

Vs the previous version which did this automatically(cropped /aspect ratio correctly) The only issue in previous versions is that it would not stay maintain the crop/aspect ratio when it moved to the next file in your playlist or if you manually drag/dropped a file into VLC. You would need to manually shut down and re-open.

This image below shows what the correct way should be, the only caveat is that it does not conform correctly at the onset and you need to push the aspect ratio button again for it to correctly align. Otherwise it will show 1/8" of the top of the monitor backroung

Another side issue that would be nice is if you could global hotkey the image and not have to click the menu/status bar first.
Last edited by dinglesniff on 13 Jun 2013 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Aspect ratio / Crop ratio not staying locked in with pla

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 13 Jun 2013 18:12

Known VLC 2.0.x bug. Update to 2.1 (pre)version.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

dinglesniff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dinglesniff » 13 Jun 2013 18:36

Ok I downloaded VLC 2.1.0 pre1-20130610-0403 Rincewind and the problem is that it goes to wall paper mode correctly (for some reason there does not seem to be an option to turn off start at wallpaper mode) but it is not displaying at the 530:165 aspect/crop ratio on both screens you need to manually switch the wallpaper video to the other screen until it shows up on both then push A / C to get it to crop correctly.
See Below:

Vs the previous version which did this automatically(cropped /aspect ratio correctly) The only issue in previous versions is that it would not stay maintain the crop/aspect ratio when it moved to the next file in your playlist or if you manually drag/dropped a file into VLC. You would need to manually shut down and re-open.

This image below shows what the correct way should be, the only caveat is that it does not conform correctly at the onset and you need to push the aspect ratio button again for it to correctly align. Otherwise it will show 1/8" of the top of the monitor backroung

Another side issue that would be nice is if you could global hotkey the image and not have to click the menu/status bar first.

dinglesniff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dinglesniff » 14 Jun 2013 09:21

In this VLC version it also locks up when switching from Wallpaper mode to non wallpaper mode

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Jun 2013 15:44

yes, wallpaper is broken for now.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

dinglesniff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dinglesniff » 01 Jul 2013 07:09

I was finally able to work and I am testing this on 3 monitors coming to a resolution of 7680 x 1600. I set the aspect ratio to 768 x 160 and bezel correction mode aspect ratio to 805x160 (8055 x 1600), the problem is that when it stretches people wide making them look like midgets.

Anyway you could give me guidance as to the best way of making vids work across 3 30" monitors?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”