Add timestamp to VLC/VLM log?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
fredfsh
New Cone
New Cone

Add timestamp to VLC/VLM log?

Postby fredfsh » 03 Nov 2012 09:10

Hi there,

I am using VLC to do vidoe-on-demand (VOD) streaming on both server and client side. The server hosts thousands of videos while many clients request videos simultaneously.
To trace user behaivors, I have to record *actual timespan* of a streaming trasaction of each video. The verbose logger gives a lot of useful information while the default output doesn't contain any timestamps, thus I am not able to calculate the timespan. My question is that whether the logger itself provides any timing facilities, or may it display log messages with timestamps?

There are two pieces of log messages on the client side which may help me calculate the timespan.
If timestamps present, I may use the first message like "Sending request: GET_PARAMETER rtsp://X.X.X.X ..." and one message like "Sending request: TEARDOWN rtsp://X.X.X.X ...", which
marks beginning and ending of a transaction, correnspondingly. Strangely, it seems that these messages are different from most logs as there are no leading hex digits. Is it output of a different module other than logger?

Thank you very much if you may share your experiences with similar problems.

This is the viewtopic.php?f=11&t=105725 to same thread on another session.

fredfsh

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”