time slider not work with .ts videos the come-back

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
rainbowcrypt
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

time slider not work with .ts videos the come-back

Postby rainbowcrypt » 30 May 2012 15:00

Hi,
I found some posts about the time slider and jump control, but none seems to correspond exactly to my problem.
The problem is with video which size is growing during playing : the slider and times (elapsed/total/remaining) are not relevant.
Here is an example:
I use to record tv show and play them with a small delay. When there is advertising I use the slider to jump forward. This was possible with version 1.1.10-git-20110511 because the slider seemed to recalculate it's position in respect to the new size of the video. The problem (but not for me...) was that all the times (elapsed/total/remaining) were set to 00:00:00.

Now, with versions 2.0 or 2.1 the total-time is set to the one calculated at the opening and don't change. So the slider position depends on this "fake" time. It means that if I have 10minutes delayed, after 10 minutes of viewing, the slider is at the end of it's run. So I can't do any jump forward (with the slider). Furthermore, the time remaining is negative!
I tried to put the "jump forward" button on the interface, but I don't find that very convenient.
Suprisingly, with this jump button, I found out that if I reached the "real" end of the vidéo (meaning that I came back to "live show"), so cursor and times (elapsed/total/remaining) came back to the "old" behaviour of the 1.1 version.

I think it would be great if the slider behaviour could comme back to the "old" one, because it was really easier to control the video.

nkoriyama
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: git
Operating System: Windows / Mac OS X

Re: time slider not work with .ts videos the come-back

Postby nkoriyama » 01 Jun 2012 13:56

At the moment, VLC doesn't support the growing MPEG-TS file.

If you want the "old" behavior, please enable the following setting:
Tools -> Preferences -> All -> Input/Codecs -> Demuxers -> MPEG-TS -> Seek based on percent not time

You can get the "old" behavior, but times don't appear.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
My hack for ISDB-T http://sdrv.ms/126weue

rainbowcrypt
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

[SOLVED] Re: time slider not work with .ts videos the come-b

Postby rainbowcrypt » 01 Jun 2012 20:58

Yeah! great!
that's exactly what I wanted.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”