Subtitles not displaying at all. Whatsoever.

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
tinkeng
New Cone
New Cone

Subtitles not displaying at all. Whatsoever.

Postby tinkeng » 16 Feb 2012 23:33

The strangest problem has come up for me, subtitle tracks won't show up no matter what. I'll open the correct .srt file and enable it but it won't show at all. I encountered the problem at first with a new video file and a new .srt file, but when going back to a video and a subtitle that I know that I've watched before, those subs won't display either. I have rebooted, reset settings in VLC and resinstalled VLC with preferences/cache wipes. No subs won't display for any video at all. I'm running Win 7 64-bit and VLC 1.1.11.

Anyone has any ideas?

xomby
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Subtitles not displaying at all. Whatsoever.

Postby xomby » 17 Feb 2012 04:08

Aside from that, I'm having issues with the .srt files as well. Make sure you start out with the SRT file having the exact same filename as the video, and when you right click and go to video track->subtitles track, something shows up there (click open-file and try re-opening the srt too, sometimes that works).

It's been a real crap-shoot with VLC lately...
"Yeah like the 'VLC staff' will surely be more motivated to work after freeloading users flame them." -Rémi Denis-Courmont

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”