Vlc as NT service (off topic)

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
sudhanshu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Vlc as NT service (off topic)

Postby sudhanshu » 28 Nov 2003 10:35

Can anyone suggest how to:

Q. Connect to windows machine and change the channel (tuner card) remotely. This should be done not using VNC or remote desktop (i.e no interference with user logged in there)?

Say i presently log on to the remote machine(linux). type killall vlc and restart with different frequency. If i want to change the channels automatically, i put it in crontab.

How do i do similarly in windows.

Thanks in advance
Sudhanshu

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 28 Nov 2003 12:32

As far as I know, windows vlc don't know how to tune a tv-card. It just uses the tuning set by the previos app using the card. So must use another application for that

sudhanshu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sudhanshu » 28 Nov 2003 14:02

As far as I know, windows vlc don't know how to tune a tv-card. It just uses the tuning set by the previos app using the card. So must use another application for that
Thanks Sigmund, i didn't know that. I was planning to shift to windows to make use of better drivers there.

I think windows media encoder does a better job as compared to linux counterparts due to better v4l drivers. What others think about it?

Regards,
Sudhanshu

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”