VLC ignores my soundcard

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
iamseptimus

VLC ignores my soundcard

Postby iamseptimus » 02 Dec 2003 08:48

Using an M-Audio firewire 410 interface. Works fine with all other programs. VLC seems to ignore the interface and uses internal instead, so I can only get audio out of my laptop speakers. Not fun. Ideas?

cy

Postby cy » 18 Dec 2003 22:20

Hmmm, sounds very much like the problem I got myself and came here right now searching for an answer after checking it still did not work with test2...

whatever I tried, vlc keeps "getting device[0]" all the time and does not care about which device number I specify :?

The number of replies to your post is not very couraging...

@DJ (from what I read in other posts you are the one to talk to regarding these Mac audio issues): can you give me a rough hint what could be the problem here and where to start reading the source? Will have enough time between the years to investigate a bit I guess...

cy

PS: just reread the original post and it's not clear which platform the report was about, so I'll add my system specs here - iBook G4, OS X 10.3.2 and M-Audio Firewire 410

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 19 Dec 2003 01:36

Our CoreAudio plugin is somewhat broken because of the simple fact that there is no documentation on how we are to make a correct implementation.
Apple is a bit slow in this area. I'm hoping that now that they have created support for multichannel audio in their own DVD player, that some documentation might soon arrive.
But honestly. It's just hacking away at the moment.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Denz

M-Audio FW410

Postby Denz » 22 Jan 2004 12:55

I can confirm this problem with my m audio FW410 unit under panther 10.3.2 using the latest drivers for the FW410. will there be any way for me to hear 2 ch so i can listen to my VCD, divx ect... As there no other good VCD players on 10.3 that seem to work well so now im stuck with m player and a VLC version 0.7.0 that dont play sound :(

Alejandra
New Cone
New Cone

Re: M-Audio FW410

Postby Alejandra » 23 Jan 2004 19:09

I can confirm this problem with my m audio FW410 unit under panther 10.3.2 using the latest drivers for the FW410. will there be any way for me to hear 2 ch so i can listen to my VCD, divx ect... As there no other good VCD players on 10.3 that seem to work well so now im stuck with m player and a VLC version 0.7.0 that dont play sound :(
Same problem as the Sonica theater :(

BTW, does your FW410 work well with the DVD Player? Cause with the Sonica I get a lot of clicks and pops when is on digital output.
Ciao,
Alejandra.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”