How to make VLC play CD tracks in sequence?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
ixodid
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How to make VLC play CD tracks in sequence?

Postby ixodid » 13 Dec 2010 02:02

I followed the Playback How-to page but I am still having trouble.

I have a set of audio CDs that I want VLC to play each track in sequence just like it would on a CD player. I tried using the Playlist but I was having several different difficulties.

I added all tracks to the playlist and VLC would play them in sequence as I wished. But I have 12 CDs in the set and when I tried to save the Playlist to file so I could add tracks from the second CD, the saved file had more tracks in it than what I thought was on the Playlist. I deleted all items from the Playlist except the ones I wanted to have on the list and tried saving again. And again the saved file contained many more tracks than was on the Playlist.

Also, it seems like there should be a quicker method to copy a CD and have VLC play the tracks in sequence than what I am attempting to do. And another thing, is there a way to clear the entire Playlist other than manually deleting each entry?

I suspect I am missing a simple way to do what I want to do and if someone could point me to documentation that explains how to do what I want to do, I would be grateful.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”