Missing audio at the last milliseconds, All Files

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
WiLavd
New Cone
New Cone

Missing audio at the last milliseconds, All Files

Postby WiLavd » 30 Jun 2010 23:15

To quote VLC Help:
It needs quite big changes. Currently core doesn't wait that VOUT or AOUT is ready or that they have played their buffer.
I think I adress this issue here since it isn't a specific problem for one platform or one particular file.

I find it really strange that such a problem, regardless of how small, have crept into the Media player when no such issues arise in the more well-known Players. The sound just cuts off and it may be the case with the video files too.

Anyway, this may need some attention if it don't already have that from the developers. If I and others had some directions on what should be fixed in the source code, maybe this particular problem could be solved by volunteers. So far very little info regarding this have emerged since I don't know what the problem is called in Videolan circles, but since it affects all files played in VLC it must be well-known. Maybe if someone knows the Setup of Windows Media or RealPlayer can see how it is solved there?

Is there a particular list on what needs to be fixed for this to work, since there is so much changes needed according to VLC Help?

WiLavd
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Missing audio at the last milliseconds, All Files

Postby WiLavd » 11 Aug 2010 23:04

Sorry, I noticed after some time that no reply was posted, the question above may have been unclear or annoying in some way or another, but the question remains:

- It would be of note to some users (including me :) ) that not find enough time over to voluntarily work on many Videolan projects, but a link to this particular issue about audio and video files with action immediately at the start and finish where there's the problem of playing those portions of the files correctly. I think there's the possibility that you keep some logs about particular issues with the VLC and what needs to be done to make it work correctly.
- I think it may be of interest to get a link to the particular part that reads about what needs to be done with the player's code to get the files to not leave out the starting and finishing milliseconds.

When or if you find some time left, I would be thankful for an answer to this query.

Best Regards,

Robert.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 12 Aug 2010 18:14

I think the few active people here are just fed up with answering the same question again and again and again. If people can't search, that's their problem.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

WiLavd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby WiLavd » 12 Aug 2010 22:32

Well, exactly this problem isn't adressed much or any at the forum boards, so it isn't the same question over and over, maybe in some old archive of forum posts or buried deep among developers' posts, but not on an obvious place.

I thought since so many projects are in progress with VLC this issue may not have any priority at the moment, and the one thing to do - would be for me to get interested in one of the few issues I know about and see if I can help.

I don't know at all how many voluntaries already on the Videolan project, or if they are so few according to what you replied.
But I don't know if/or how many hours I can give to any of those projects or if it's possible to learn at all how to give "real" help. This issue about Aout and Vout may or may not be a possible project for me, but I don't know, and according to VLC_Help there wasn't anything to do about it. Is it hours/days/months or years? /and, or at least 20 individuals needed on full time? Or is it a one-man job?

Perhaps this question already has been asked so many times to fed up all at this site, but how should I or someelse know?

A link to the buried/or not - info, maybe?

Thanks for your time and patience,

Sincerely,

Robert.

(this took some time to write, so other replies may have got their way into this topic before this one,
also: - I'm not full-time forumite (like most) so replies doesn't come directly)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”