Full Screen During Playlist Transition? (command line)

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
TuxBobble
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Full Screen During Playlist Transition? (command line)

Postby TuxBobble » 14 Jun 2010 19:07

I have a playlist that I need to advance through. However, I don't want the screen to "flicker" and show the interface as well as the desktop wallpaper in between items. What is the best way to do this, preferably on the command line?

Additional info: I am switching between a network stream and local files--for instance playlist item #1 is rtp://@IPADDRESS, whereas playlist item #2 is filename.avi" etc. I've noticed that when switching from the network stream to the local file, the transition is NEARLY seamless. (there is a flicker, but it is brief and acceptable if need be) However, when switching back to the network stream, the file stops playing, the VLC instance shrinks to just the interface (as if a file were not playing) and VLC buffers the stream before re-maximizing, exposing my desktop for a few seconds.
Is there a way to keep the VLC instance at full screen while it buffers, even if it means just displaying the VLC cone? (though obviously I would prefer my own content, I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the moment)

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Full Screen During Playlist Transition? (command line)

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 16 Jun 2010 03:08

I was under the impression that this problem is already fixed in VLC 1.1.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 16 Jun 2010 14:57

For fullscreen to remain unaltered, internal "vout reuse" must be possible. And it is possible only when the following conditions are met : same width, same height, same chroma when going from one video to the next. vlc1.1 is no different than vlc1.0 in that respect. It seems only latest changes in dev branch (aka vlc1.2) have just recently removed this limitation.

Note that for vlc1.1, the skins2 interface on Linux has a bug (not yet corrected on purpose) that makes fullscreen remain unaltered in all cases during a whole playlist run (but, on the other hand, if a playlist mixes audio and video files, the black screen is kept for audio, and also it is kept at the end of the playlist run, which may not be so great)

ak57
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ak57 » 07 Sep 2010 12:21

My Vlc 1.1.4 Player ain't working in full screen, it keep's flickering. I've uninstalled and installed many version's. Some don't work & others work the same. This never happend before. I can't enjoy nuttin. it's becoming painfull and miserable and I been using VLC for year's. lil help here ppl
because i can't watch film's properly and especially no wrestling !What should i do ?????????????????????????????

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”