Two Screens open when I open One File?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
joe biggy doe

Two Screens open when I open One File?

Postby joe biggy doe » 21 Mar 2005 04:02

I open one .mkv file, and it shows two screens, if I close one of the screens, both of them close. I'm using duel monitors, I don't know if that's the cause, but is there anyway to stop this from happening?

crj18
New Cone
New Cone

Postby crj18 » 21 Mar 2005 05:47

Does the file contain two video streams? That is what would happen if this were the case.

HyperHacker
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 0.8.6e
Operating System: WinXP SP2

Postby HyperHacker » 21 Mar 2005 06:53

If that were it, you should be able to disable one, but shouldn't only one be enabled by default?
[ PC: WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 250GB HD | 256MB Radeon 9550 | 1.7ghz AMD Sempron | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]
[ Laptop: Gateway MX7515 | WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 100GB HD | 128MB Mobility Radeon X600 | 2.6ghz AMD Athlon | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]

joe biggy doe

Postby joe biggy doe » 21 Mar 2005 16:28

I don't think it contains two video streams because before (6 months+) it never did this. When I try to open the same file it happens (File From 6 Months Ago)

If I drag one of the windows that open to another monitor, it doesn't play, just freezes that screenshot until I drag it back to the origional Monitor.

Leader

Postby Leader » 22 Mar 2005 02:55

I don't think it contains two video streams because before (6 months+) it never did this. When I try to open the same file it happens (File From 6 Months Ago)

If I drag one of the windows that open to another monitor, it doesn't play, just freezes that screenshot until I drag it back to the origional Monitor.
The same thing happens to me occasionally(I can't name a file off the top of my head, I have witnessed it 2 or 3 times) and it was definitely not a multi-stream video, nor was it even an mkv - it was mpg IIRC. I only have one monitor, so it's not a dual monitor issue.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”