Help! VLC acting like a two year old thats been denied candy

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
KaraW
New Cone
New Cone

Help! VLC acting like a two year old thats been denied candy

Postby KaraW » 06 May 2010 11:14

Sooo... my cat likes to walk on the keyboard while I was using VLC. The video I was watching froze, and would not open another file, or exit unless using task manager. When I did get it to exit, it would not load any other file, when I attempt it will just pull up the same screen it froze on before. I even completely removed VLC and reinstalled, its still coming back to the same screen, still not exiting unless task manager is used. I'm not that good with computers, and I have no idea what the hell the cat stepped on to make it go psychotic... help? Please?

Greg
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: Help! VLC acting like a two year old thats been denied c

Postby Greg » 07 May 2010 00:50

You could first try to reset Preferences
Look under the "Tools" menu, select Preferences, there is a "Reset" button at the bottom of the Preferences screen

Failing that
Reinstall, ensuring that you delete "Preferences and Cache" by ticking selection box during the un/reinstall process.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Help! VLC acting like a two year old thats been denied c

Postby erwan10 » 07 May 2010 09:44

I'm not that good with computers, and I have no idea what the hell the cat stepped on to make it go psychotic... help? Please?
How can you expect a mouse-driven computer not to go psychotic when a cat is meddling around !
A cat-driven computer is an good idea ..... :idea: .. and not yet patented

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”