The AVI file is broken... BUT THEY ARE NOT BROKEN

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
hkb_Ware
New Cone
New Cone

The AVI file is broken... BUT THEY ARE NOT BROKEN

Postby hkb_Ware » 19 Feb 2010 13:29

It appears that many AVI files are presenting problems to VLC. This sync problem or whatever it states as a problem does not exist for any other media player as any one of them can play these AVI files perfectly.

I also now have come across an AVI file that not only gets this message (to repair/or not), but the aspect ratio when playing is off. Like to stretched. If I adjust the aspect ratio manually it looks correct. But here's the rub. This same AVI file that has 2 problems with VLC, has no problems with any other player, in other players it's sync is fine (as usual) and the aspect ratio is perfect.

The settings are at default which used to be perfect for most situations. I only turn off auto detect sub-titles as they are displayed by default.

To many AVI files that are being made (within the last 9 months or so) are apparently not in sync according to VLC. But they are in sync and need no repair. And even if I let VLC do a repair, there is absolutely no difference in the files display. Wow.

This is more or less a notification. The AVI files were made by many different people and most likely different software titles. Since my main player IS VLC, this problem is DOUBLY annoying.

Keith

lexein
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 1.19
Operating System: win/linux/mac

Re: The AVI file is broken... BUT THEY ARE NOT BROKEN

Postby lexein » 26 Feb 2010 05:44

1. You can help debugging by providing more debug info:
a. Which OS, CPU, Mem/Disk(hard drive? flash?), VLC version (Help | About)
b. Post direct links to example videos (short clips are better) which induce the symptom.
Or post enough of the filename so that is uniquely identifiable for others to find and test.
Or if invited by a VLC developer, upload to the server they suggest.
Or point to one of the many legal test clips online from a range of very old, old, and recent encoders/containers.
c. Capture debug messages:
- Tools | Messages | Verbosity = 2
- Play file until "Repair" dialog appears.
- Capture and post the output of the message window somewhere.

2. You can help by making sure the problem hasn't been addressed in upcoming versions:
a. Get the latest bugfix branch-xxx from nightlies.videolan.org, test it in an isolated directory
b. Get the latest dev trunk-xxx from nightlies.videolan.org, test it in an isolated directory

3. Since you say the problems are recent, you can help by ensuring that your hardware is working correctly.
a. perform a detailed RAM diagnostic
b. perform a Flash diagnostic if you're using an old Flash drive, or a used one from Craigslist, or a new one from eBay..
for Windows: http://fightflashfraud.wordpress.com/20 ... elp-folks/
I have had a mobo develop a flaky RAM interface, and one Flash drive go bad after years of heavy use.

Of the last ~300 video files I've played, 16 of them caused the "AVI Broken" dialog to appear.
- 3 were incomplete files (about 97-99%) uploaded as if they were complete. Tests with GOM player and TCPMP showed occasional stuck frames video and blockiness. Dismissing the "Repair" dialog, VLC played them with the same results.
- 13 of them were a series encoded in 2004 using an unknown jank encoder with the wrong aspect ratio. Dismissing the "Repair" dialog, all played with a few defects. I think the encoder wrote identically bad headers which VLC detected but GOM and TCPMP ignored.
- No false positives - all files causing the dialog did in fact have defects, verified in other players.
- Some false negatives - many kinds of defect go undetected by VLC, merely resulting in occasional video artifacts during playback.
- No audio unsync problems in any of them.

I agree with these points:
- VLC should be configurable NOT to offer the Broken AVI dialog.
- The "repair" code deserves a look to see what sort of errors it does really repair.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 08 Mar 2010 00:04

I get this problem with every video shot using a Pentax K-7 or Pentax K-x digital SLR. The videos play just fine in Media Player and others, but VLC balks on every single one with the repair dialog. If I choose not to repair the video, VLC will show the first frame and then immediately stop playing.

I'd be happy to provide sample video(s) to demonstrate this. I'm experiencing the issue with multiple versions of VLC on both Windows XP and Vista on two different, relatively recent machines. This includes VLC 1.0.5 Goldeneye, ie. the current latest version.

lexein
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby lexein » 08 Mar 2010 00:40

I get this problem with every video shot using a Pentax K-7 or Pentax K-x digital SLR. ... If I choose not to repair the video, VLC will show the first frame and then immediately stop playing.
See instructions above, specifically, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b. Look forward to your results.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 10 Mar 2010 18:31

I get this problem with every video shot using a Pentax K-7 or Pentax K-x digital SLR. ... If I choose not to repair the video, VLC will show the first frame and then immediately stop playing.
See instructions above, specifically, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b. Look forward to your results.
1. You can help debugging by providing more debug info:
a. Which OS, CPU, Mem/Disk(hard drive? flash?), VLC version (Help | About)

To reconfirm: I've tested on both Windows XP and Vista with older and current release versions of VLC. I've also just heard back from a colleague of mine who also uses Windows (not sure if XP or Vista), and he too is unable to play any videos from Pentax DSLRs with VLC without receiving this error.

b. Post direct links to example videos (short clips are better) which induce the symptom.
Or post enough of the filename so that is uniquely identifiable for others to find and test.
Or if invited by a VLC developer, upload to the server they suggest.
Or point to one of the many legal test clips online from a range of very old, old, and recent encoders/containers.

I don't have available hosting to upload my own videos to (my photo / video host transcodes videos to flash). You can find numerous Pentax K-7 videos online though.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K7/K7VIDEO.HTM
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk7/page21.asp
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/penta ... view/using ("View original movie" links near end of page only, NOT "View recompressed movie" links)

That should be enough to get you started... I will be happy to provide my own movie samples to a VLC developer if needed, either by email or dropbox.

c. Capture debug messages:
- Tools | Messages | Verbosity = 2
- Play file until "Repair" dialog appears.
- Capture and post the output of the message window somewhere.

Results (this is everything until the repair / don't repair / cancel dialog appears):

Code: Select all

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI ) main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 2 items, index 0 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 1 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (../.././src/input/input.c:230) main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MBytes main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: TIMER module_need() : 17.000 ms - Total 17.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 17.000 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 kbytes/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 50 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: Updating the geometry avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek mpgv error: cannot peek playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data ps error: cannot peek mjpeg warning: no more data mjpeg error: cannot peek lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\vlc\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\anevia_streams.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\appletrailers.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\bbc_co_uk.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\break.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\canalplus.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\cue.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\dailymotion.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\france2.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\googlevideo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\joox.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\koreus.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\lelombrik.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\megavideo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\metacafe.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\mpora.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\vimeo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\youtube.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\youtube_homepage.lua lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\share\lua\playlist avformat warning: cannot peek vobsub debug: could not read vobsub IDX file ps error: cannot peek main warning: no demux module matching "avi" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 4925.000 ms - Total 4925.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 4925.000 ms) main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m4.953125s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m0.015625s main debug: changing item without a request (current 1/2) main debug: nothing to play qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 5126.000 ms - Total 5126.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 5126.000 ms)
This is everything if you use "Don't repair", which plays only the first frame of the file and then aborts. (Other media players all play the file just fine):

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 3 items, index 1 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 2 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (../.././src/input/input.c:230) main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MBytes qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 kbytes/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 50 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 8148.000 ms - Total 8148.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 8148.000 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\ main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x343100) avcodec debug: using direct rendering avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 622.000 ms - Total 622.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 622.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (../.././src/input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates araw debug: samplerate:32000Hz channels:1 bits/sample:16 main debug: using decoder module "araw" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: thread started main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 2 (../.././src/input/decoder.c:315) main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: creating aout main debug: looking for audio output module: 3 candidates main debug: Buffering 8% main debug: Buffering 16% avi warning: cannot get packet header, track disabled main debug: EOF reached main debug: Stream buffering done (50 ms in 18 ms) main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates aout_directx debug: OpenAudio main debug: thread (fontlist builder) created at priority 0 (../../.././modules/misc/freetype.c:480) freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 233.000 ms - Total 233.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 233.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates main debug: thread started freetype debug: Building font database... freetype debug: Finished building font database. freetype debug: Took 0 microseconds main debug: thread ended swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: YUVA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality) main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 178.000 ms - Total 178.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 178.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver aout_directx debug: found device: Realtek HD Audio output yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 976.000 ms - Total 976.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 976.000 ms) aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!) aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel aout_directx debug: Windows says your SpeakerConfig is stereo aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread main debug: thread (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (../../.././modules/audio_output/directx.c:427) main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1475.000 ms - Total 1475.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1475.000 ms) main debug: output 's16l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: mixer 'fl32' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'s16l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: thread started aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: window size: 1536x1024 main debug: looking for video output module: 7 candidates vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread main debug: thread (Vout Events Thread) created at priority 0 (../../../.././modules/video_output/msw/directx.c:282) main debug: thread started vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for hwnd module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video... qt4 debug: Video was requested -1, -1 qt4 debug: Video is resizing to: 1536 1024 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: using hwnd module "qt4" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 96.000 ms - Total 96.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 96.000 ms) vout_directx debug: created video sub-window vout_directx debug: Vout EventThread running vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: directx-device: vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: selecting ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY2 main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 713.000 ms - Total 713.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 713.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 142.000 ms - Total 142.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 142.000 ms) main debug: input 's16l' 32000 Hz Mono frame=1 samples/2 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1680x1050) vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1 vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay scaletempo warning: bad input or output format scaletempo warning: input and output formats are not similar main warning: no audio filter module matching "scaletempo" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 63.000 ms - Total 63.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 63.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo debug: format: 32000 rate, 1 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 960.000 stride_in, 960 stride_out, 768 standing, 192 overlap, 448 search, 1600 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: filter(s) 's16l'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper vout_directx debug: disabling screen saver main debug: using video output module "vout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 918.000 ms - Total 918.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 918.000 ms) main debug: Deinterlacing available vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YUY2 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx warning: Could not initialize directx overlay vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:no chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: created plain surface of chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded) main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s) main debug: pic render sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic in sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic out sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc I420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-14 to system pictures 1-15 main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 121.000 ms - Total 121.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 121.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 35200 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: End of audio preroll main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture main debug: Decoder buffering done in 2507 ms main warning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (-34000), dropping buffer main debug: finished input freetype debug: using fontsize: 64 main debug: thread times: real 0m2.531250s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.078125s avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: [0] 0 0 main debug: [1] 0 0 main debug: [2] 0 0 main debug: [3] 0 0 main debug: [4] 0 0 main debug: [5] 0 0 main debug: [6] 0 0 main debug: [7] 0 0 main debug: [8] 0 0 main debug: [9] 0 0 main debug: [10] 0 0 main debug: [11] 0 0 main debug: [12] 0 0 main debug: [13] 0 0 main debug: [14] 2 0 main debug: saving a free vout main debug: looking for video blending module: 1 candidate blend debug: chroma: YUVA -> I420 main debug: using video blending module "blend" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 76.000 ms - Total 76.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 76.000 ms) main warning: received buffer in the future main debug: thread times: real 0m2.687500s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m0.015625s main debug: removing module "araw" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `araw', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler" aout_directx debug: closing audio device main debug: Post-processing available aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m1.281250s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "aout_directx" main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "float32_mixer" main debug: releasing aout avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m11.562500s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.015625s main debug: changing item without a request (current 2/3) main debug: nothing to play main debug: destroying useless vout vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseSurface vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay clipper vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay display vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow vout_directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 8803.000 ms - Total 8803.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 8803.000 ms) qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m1.171875s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "vout_directx" main debug: removing module "blend" main debug: thread times: real 0m0.109375s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale"
Finally, this is the full log if you use "Repair", which is the only way to get the video to play in VLC:

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 4 items, index 2 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 3 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MBytes main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (../.././src/input/input.c:230) main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 kbytes/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 50 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry avi debug: Fixing AVI index avi warning: creating index from LIST-movi, will take time ! avi warning: need resync, probably broken avi avi debug: stream[0] creating 241 index entries avi debug: stream[1] creating 8 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:8 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:8 (based on index) main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 4304.000 ms - Total 4304.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 4304.000 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\ main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec already initialized avcodec debug: using direct rendering avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 6.000 ms - Total 6.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 6.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (../.././src/input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates araw debug: samplerate:32000Hz channels:1 bits/sample:16 main debug: using decoder module "araw" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 2 (../.././src/input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: Buffering 8% main debug: reusing aout main debug: Buffering 16% main debug: looking for audio output module: 3 candidates aout_directx debug: OpenAudio aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver aout_directx debug: found device: Realtek HD Audio output main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates main debug: thread (fontlist builder) created at priority 0 (../../.././modules/misc/freetype.c:480) freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 3.000 ms - Total 3.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: YUVA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality) main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.000 ms - Total 2.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: thread started freetype debug: Building font database... freetype debug: Finished building font database. freetype debug: Took 0 microseconds main debug: thread ended main debug: window size: 1536x1024 main debug: looking for video output module: 7 candidates vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread main debug: thread (Vout Events Thread) created at priority 0 (../../../.././modules/video_output/msw/directx.c:282) main debug: thread started vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for hwnd module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video... aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!) aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel aout_directx debug: Windows says your SpeakerConfig is stereo aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread main debug: thread (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (../../.././modules/audio_output/directx.c:427) main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 58.000 ms - Total 58.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 58.000 ms) main debug: output 's16l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: mixer 'fl32' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'s16l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: thread started aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer" main debug: Buffering 25% main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: input 's16l' 32000 Hz Mono frame=1 samples/2 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo warning: bad input or output format scaletempo warning: input and output formats are not similar main warning: no audio filter module matching "scaletempo" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo debug: format: 32000 rate, 1 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 960.000 stride_in, 960 stride_out, 768 standing, 192 overlap, 448 search, 1600 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: filter(s) 's16l'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 35200 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: End of audio preroll main debug: Buffering 33% main debug: Buffering 41% main debug: Buffering 50% qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: Buffering 58% main debug: Buffering 66% main debug: Buffering 75% main debug: Buffering 83% main debug: Buffering 91% main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 170 ms) qt4 debug: Video was requested -1, -1 qt4 debug: Video is resizing to: 1536 1024 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: using hwnd module "qt4" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 182.000 ms - Total 182.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 182.000 ms) vout_directx debug: created video sub-window vout_directx debug: Vout EventThread running vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: directx-device: vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: selecting ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY2 vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1680x1050) vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1 vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper vout_directx debug: disabling screen saver main debug: using video output module "vout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 200.000 ms - Total 200.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 200.000 ms) main debug: Deinterlacing available vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YUY2 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx warning: Could not initialize directx overlay vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:no chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: created plain surface of chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded) main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s) main debug: pic render sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic in sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic out sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc I420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-14 to system pictures 1-15 main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture freetype debug: using fontsize: 64 main debug: looking for video blending module: 1 candidate blend debug: chroma: YUVA -> I420 main debug: using video blending module "blend" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: Post-processing available main debug: Decoder buffering done in 225 ms main warning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (-35000), dropping buffer qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (185121 bytes) avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (196129 bytes) avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (194657 bytes) avi warning: cannot get packet header, track disabled main debug: EOF reached main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: finished input main debug: thread times: real 0m8.109375s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m3.765625s avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: [0] 2 0 main debug: [1] 2 0 main debug: [2] 2 0 main debug: [3] 0 0 main debug: [4] 0 0 main debug: [5] 2 0 main debug: [6] 4 0 main debug: [7] 4 0 main debug: [8] 2 0 main debug: [9] 2 0 main debug: [10] 2 0 main debug: [11] 2 0 main debug: [12] 4 0 main debug: [13] 4 0 main debug: [14] 4 0 main debug: saving a free vout main debug: thread times: real 0m8.109375s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "araw" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `araw', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler" aout_directx debug: closing audio device aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m8.156250s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.031250s main debug: removing module "aout_directx" main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "float32_mixer" main debug: releasing aout avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m12.531250s, kernel 0m0.078125s, user 0m0.062500s main debug: changing item without a request (current 3/4) main debug: nothing to play main debug: destroying useless vout vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseSurface vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay clipper vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay display vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow vout_directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 4321.000 ms - Total 4321.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 4321.000 ms) qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore qt4 debug: Updating the geometry main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m8.375000s, kernel 0m0.078125s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "vout_directx" main debug: removing module "blend" main debug: thread times: real 0m0.015625s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale"
2. You can help by making sure the problem hasn't been addressed in upcoming versions:
a. Get the latest bugfix branch-xxx from nightlies.videolan.org, test it in an isolated directory
b. Get the latest dev trunk-xxx from nightlies.videolan.org, test it in an isolated directory

I'll have to come back to this, haven't had time to play with nightlies versions yet.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 14 Mar 2010 01:05

Tested and confirmed not fixed in the latest bugfix branch 1.0.6-git Goldeneye dated 13-Mar-2010 02:26. Symptoms are identical to the current stable release version.

Debug messages from 1.0.6-git Goldeneye, in case they differ in any way:

* Everything until the repair / don't repair / cancel dialog appears -

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 2 items, index 0 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 1 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:230) qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MBytes main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: TIMER module_need() : 13.000 ms - Total 13.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 13.000 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 12.000 ms - Total 12.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 12.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 kbytes/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 50 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: New Event: type 1119 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1119 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1108 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1119 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1112 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek mpgv error: cannot peek playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data ps error: cannot peek mjpeg warning: no more data mjpeg error: cannot peek lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\vlc\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\anevia_streams.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\appletrailers.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\bbc_co_uk.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\break.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\canalplus.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\cue.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\dailymotion.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\france2.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\googlevideo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\joox.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\koreus.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\lelombrik.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\megavideo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\metacafe.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\mpora.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\vimeo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\youtube.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\lua\playlist\youtube_homepage.lua lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\\share\lua\playlist avformat warning: cannot peek vobsub debug: could not read vobsub IDX file ps error: cannot peek main warning: no demux module matching "avi" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 4926.000 ms - Total 4926.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 4926.000 ms) main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m4.953125s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m0.015625s main debug: changing item without a request (current 1/2) main debug: nothing to play qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: Destroying the input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 5039.000 ms - Total 5039.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 5039.000 ms)
* Everything if you use "Don't repair", which plays only the first frame of the file and then aborts. (Other media players all play the file just fine):

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 3 items, index 1 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 2 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:230) qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MBytes main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 kbytes/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 50 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1853.000 ms - Total 1853.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1853.000 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\ main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x343600) avcodec debug: using direct rendering avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 23.000 ms - Total 23.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 23.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates araw debug: samplerate:32000Hz channels:1 bits/sample:16 main debug: using decoder module "araw" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 12.000 ms - Total 12.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 12.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: Buffering 8% main debug: creating aout main debug: looking for audio output module: 3 candidates aout_directx debug: OpenAudio main debug: Buffering 16% avi warning: cannot get packet header, track disabled main debug: EOF reached main debug: Stream buffering done (50 ms in 9 ms) main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1108 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1108 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1112 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 main debug: thread (fontlist builder) created at priority 0 (freetype.c:480) freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 28.000 ms - Total 28.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 28.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: YUVA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality) main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 10.000 ms - Total 10.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 10.000 ms) main debug: thread started freetype debug: Building font database... main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates freetype debug: Finished building font database. yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter freetype debug: Took 0 microseconds main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp" main debug: thread ended main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: window size: 1536x1024 main debug: looking for video output module: 7 candidates vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread main debug: thread started vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for hwnd module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video... main debug: thread (Vout Events Thread) created at priority 0 (directx.c:282) aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver aout_directx debug: found device: Realtek HD Audio output qt4 debug: Video was requested -1, -1 qt4 debug: embedded video ready (handle 0015065c) qt4 debug: Video is resizing to: 1536 1024 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 main debug: using hwnd module "qt4" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 55.000 ms - Total 55.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 55.000 ms) vout_directx debug: created video sub-window vout_directx debug: Vout EventThread running vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: directx-device: vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: selecting ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY2 vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1680x1050) vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1 vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper vout_directx debug: disabling screen saver main debug: using video output module "vout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 96.000 ms - Total 96.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 96.000 ms) main debug: Deinterlacing available vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!) aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel aout_directx debug: Windows says your SpeakerConfig is stereo aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread main debug: thread (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (directx.c:427) main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 263.000 ms - Total 263.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 263.000 ms) main debug: output 's16l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: mixer 'fl32' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'s16l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: thread started main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: input 's16l' 32000 Hz Mono frame=1 samples/2 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo warning: bad input or output format scaletempo warning: input and output formats are not similar main warning: no audio filter module matching "scaletempo" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo debug: format: 32000 rate, 1 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 960.000 stride_in, 960 stride_out, 768 standing, 192 overlap, 448 search, 1600 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: filter(s) 's16l'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 35200 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: End of audio preroll vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YUY2 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx warning: Could not initialize directx overlay vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:no chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: created plain surface of chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded) main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s) main debug: pic render sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic in sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic out sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc I420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-14 to system pictures 1-15 main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture main debug: Decoder buffering done in 314 ms main warning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (-35000), dropping buffer main debug: finished input main debug: thread times: real 0m0.328125s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.031250s avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: [0] 0 0 main debug: [1] 0 0 main debug: [2] 0 0 main debug: [3] 0 0 main debug: [4] 0 0 main debug: [5] 0 0 main debug: [6] 0 0 main debug: [7] 0 0 main debug: [8] 0 0 main debug: [9] 0 0 freetype debug: using fontsize: 64 main debug: [10] 0 0 main debug: [11] 0 0 main debug: [12] 0 0 main debug: [13] 0 0 main debug: [14] 2 0 main debug: saving a free vout main debug: looking for video blending module: 1 candidate blend debug: chroma: YUVA -> I420 main debug: using video blending module "blend" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main warning: received buffer in the future main debug: thread times: real 0m0.359375s, kernel 0m0.046875s, user 0m0.015625s main debug: removing module "araw" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `araw', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler" aout_directx debug: closing audio device main debug: Post-processing available aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m0.296875s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "aout_directx" main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "float32_mixer" main debug: releasing aout avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m2.468750s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.046875s main debug: changing item without a request (current 2/3) main debug: nothing to play main debug: destroying useless vout vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseSurface vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay clipper vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay display vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow vout_directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 main debug: Destroying the input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 1908.000 ms - Total 1908.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1908.000 ms) qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m0.484375s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "vout_directx" main debug: removing module "blend" main debug: thread times: real 0m0.046875s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale"
* Everything if you use "Repair", which is the only way to get the video to play in VLC:

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 4 items, index 2 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 3 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MBytes main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:230) qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 kbytes/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 50 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 avi debug: Fixing AVI index avi warning: creating index from LIST-movi, will take time ! avi warning: need resync, probably broken avi avi debug: stream[0] creating 241 index entries avi debug: stream[1] creating 8 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:8 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:8 (based on index) main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2851.000 ms - Total 2851.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2851.000 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\ main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec already initialized avcodec debug: using direct rendering avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 5.000 ms - Total 5.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 5.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for decoder module: 35 candidates araw debug: samplerate:32000Hz channels:1 bits/sample:16 main debug: using decoder module "araw" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:315) main debug: thread started main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: Buffering 8% main debug: reusing aout main debug: looking for audio output module: 3 candidates aout_directx debug: OpenAudio main debug: Buffering 16% aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver aout_directx debug: found device: Realtek HD Audio output main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates main debug: thread (fontlist builder) created at priority 0 (freetype.c:480) freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.000 ms - Total 2.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: YUVA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality) main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 3.000 ms - Total 3.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 20 candidates yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: window size: 1536x1024 main debug: looking for video output module: 7 candidates vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread main debug: thread (Vout Events Thread) created at priority 0 (directx.c:282) main debug: thread started vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for hwnd module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video... main debug: Buffering 25% main debug: thread started freetype debug: Building font database... freetype debug: Finished building font database. freetype debug: Took 0 microseconds main debug: thread ended aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!) aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel aout_directx debug: Windows says your SpeakerConfig is stereo aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread main debug: thread (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (directx.c:427) main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 47.000 ms - Total 47.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 47.000 ms) main debug: output 's16l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: mixer 'fl32' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'s16l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: thread started aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: input 's16l' 32000 Hz Mono frame=1 samples/2 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo warning: bad input or output format scaletempo warning: input and output formats are not similar main warning: no audio filter module matching "scaletempo" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo debug: format: 32000 rate, 1 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 960.000 stride_in, 960 stride_out, 768 standing, 192 overlap, 448 search, 1600 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: filter(s) 's16l'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "converter_float" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 35200 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: End of audio preroll main debug: Buffering 33% main debug: Buffering 41% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 58% qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1108 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: Buffering 66% main debug: Buffering 75% qt4 debug: New Event: type 1107 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1108 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1112 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 main debug: Buffering 83% qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 main debug: Buffering 91% main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 121 ms) qt4 debug: Video was requested -1, -1 qt4 debug: embedded video ready (handle 0015065c) qt4 debug: Video is resizing to: 1536 1024 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 main debug: using hwnd module "qt4" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 137.000 ms - Total 137.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 137.000 ms) vout_directx debug: created video sub-window vout_directx debug: Vout EventThread running vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: directx-device: vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: selecting ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY1 vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600, \\.\DISPLAY2 vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1680x1050) vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1 vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper vout_directx debug: disabling screen saver main debug: using video output module "vout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 152.000 ms - Total 152.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 152.000 ms) main debug: Deinterlacing available vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YUY2 vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay vout_directx error: overlay unuseable (might already be in use) vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (failed) vout_directx warning: Could not initialize directx overlay vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:no chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: created plain surface of chroma:YV12 vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded) main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s) main debug: pic render sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic in sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic out sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc I420, ar 3:2, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-14 to system pictures 1-15 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1111 main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture freetype debug: using fontsize: 64 main debug: looking for video blending module: 1 candidate blend debug: chroma: YUVA -> I420 main debug: using video blending module "blend" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 main debug: Post-processing available qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 main debug: Decoder buffering done in 196 ms main warning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (-35000), dropping buffer qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1116 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1109 qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (185121 bytes) qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1114 avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (196129 bytes) avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (194657 bytes) avi warning: cannot get packet header, track disabled main debug: EOF reached main debug: finished input main debug: thread times: real 0m7.937500s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m3.781250s avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: [0] 2 0 main debug: [1] 2 0 main debug: [2] 2 0 main debug: [3] 0 0 main debug: [4] 0 0 main debug: [5] 2 0 main debug: [6] 2 0 main debug: [7] 2 0 main debug: [8] 2 0 main debug: [9] 2 0 main debug: [10] 2 0 main debug: [11] 2 0 main debug: [12] 2 0 main debug: [13] 4 0 main debug: [14] 4 0 main debug: saving a free vout main debug: thread times: real 0m7.937500s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "araw" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `araw', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler" aout_directx debug: closing audio device aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m8.031250s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "aout_directx" main debug: removing module "converter_float" main debug: removing module "float32_mixer" main debug: releasing aout avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m10.953125s, kernel 0m0.062500s, user 0m0.062500s main debug: changing item without a request (current 3/4) main debug: nothing to play main debug: destroying useless vout vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseSurface vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay clipper vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay display vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDDraw vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow vout_directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: size: 1028 - 1536 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 1128 - 1536 qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen main debug: Destroying the input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 2885.000 ms - Total 2885.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2885.000 ms) qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore qt4 debug: Updating the geometry qt4 debug: size: 104 - 349 qt4 debug: sizeHint: 104 - 349 main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m8.171875s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "vout_directx" main debug: removing module "blend" main debug: thread times: real 0m0.031250s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale"
Will test the latest dev build next.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 14 Mar 2010 01:28

Tested and confirmed not fixed in the latest dev branch 1.1.0-git-20100313-0002 The Luggage dated 13-Mar-2010 00:48. Symptoms are similar, but not identical to the current stable release version. Differences are as follows:

* If I click "Don't Repair", I now no longer see even the first frame of the video. Instead I get a popup that says my font database is being rebuilt, which shows a progress bar, and on the first attempt takes 1-2 seconds to complete. On subsequent attempts to play the video, the popup appears and disappears near-instantly, and again there is no error message, and not even the first frame of the video is shown.

* If I click "Repair", the dev build of VLC is no longer able to properly play the video even after repair. Instead, I get the repair status dialog which completes its progress bar in a few seconds with my short test video, then a popup of the same font database dialog mentioned in the previous item, which again disappears near-instantly. Finally, the VLC window then resizes but without any video pane (as if I was playing an audio file), and I see the position indicator move from left to right across the VLC window as if there was a file playing. There is however no video *or* sound being played - the only indication of activity is the position indicator movement. Last note on this one is that it took quite a while after finishing "playing the video" in this instance for me to even be able to cut'n'paste from the message window, because it continued updating with "waiting decoder fifos to empty" and a variety of other repeated messages for quite a few seconds after "playback" ceased.

Debug messages from 1.1.0-git-20100313-0002 The Luggage, in case they differ in any way:

* Everything until the repair / don't repair / cancel dialog appears -

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index -1 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 0 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:214) qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `file' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 2 candidates main debug: no access_demux module matching "file" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 72.000 ms - Total 72.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 72.000 ms) main debug: creating access 'file' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 2 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: no stream_filter module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 51 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior main debug: no fetch required for (null) (art currently (null)) avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek es error: cannot peek playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data playlist debug: not enough data ps error: cannot peek mjpeg warning: no more data mjpeg error: cannot peek mpgv error: cannot peek lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\vlc\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_streams.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_streams.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\anevia_xml.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\appletrailers.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\appletrailers.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\bbc_co_uk.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\break.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\break.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\canalplus.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\cue.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\cue.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\dailymotion.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\dailymotion.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\france2.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\france2.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\googlevideo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\googlevideo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\jamendo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\jamendo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\joox.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\joox.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\katsomo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\katsomo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\koreus.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\lelombrik.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\lelombrik.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\megavideo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\megavideo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\metacafe.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\metacafe.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\mpora.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\mpora.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\pinkbike.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\rockbox_fm_presets.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\vimeo.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\vimeo.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube_homepage.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube_homepage.luac avcodec warning: cannot peek vobsub debug: could not read vobsub IDX file ps error: cannot peek main debug: no demux module matching "avi" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 3960.000 ms - Total 3960.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3960.000 ms) main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m4.078125s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m0.062500s main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1) main debug: nothing to play qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input main debug: Destroying the input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 4125.000 ms - Total 4125.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 4125.000 ms)
* Everything if you use "Don't repair", which no longer even plays the first frame of the file. Instead, it throws a popup message about the font database being rebuilt, and then silently aborts. (Other media players all play the file just fine). Note that on the first attempt to play, the font database message takes 1-2 seconds to fill its progress bar, while on subsequent attempts the popup appears and disappears near-instantly, but the symptom otherwise doesn't change - no frame of the video is shown, and no error message is given:

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI ) qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 2 items, index 0 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 1 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:214) main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `file' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 2 candidates main debug: no access_demux module matching "file" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating access 'file' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 2 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: no stream_filter module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 51 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior main debug: no fetch required for (null) (art currently (null)) qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 3739.000 ms - Total 3739.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3739.000 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\ main debug: looking for decoder module: 33 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x343600) avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 114.000 ms - Total 114.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 114.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (input/decoder.c:301) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for decoder module: 33 candidates araw debug: samplerate:32000Hz channels:1 bits/sample:16 main debug: using decoder module "araw" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:301) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for meta reader module: 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 3.000 ms - Total 3.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3.000 ms) main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: creating aout main debug: Buffering 8% main debug: looking for audio output module: 4 candidates aout_directx debug: Opening DirectSound Audio Output main debug: Buffering 16% avi warning: cannot get packet header, track disabled main debug: EOF reached main debug: Stream buffering done (50 ms in 31 ms) main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver aout_directx debug: found device: Realtek HD Audio output aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!) aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel aout_directx debug: Windows says your SpeakerConfig is stereo aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread main debug: thread (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (directx.c:321) main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 290.000 ms - Total 290.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 290.000 ms) main debug: output 's16l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: mixer 'f32l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: thread started main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'s16l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates audio_format debug: f32l->s16l, bits per sample: 32->16 main debug: using audio filter module "audio_format" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 163.000 ms - Total 163.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 163.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 15.000 ms - Total 15.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 15.000 ms) main debug: input 's16l' 32000 Hz Mono frame=1 samples/2 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo debug: format: 32000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 960.000 stride_in, 960 stride_out, 768 standing, 192 overlap, 448 search, 1600 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: filter(s) 's16l'->'f32l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates main debug: no audio filter module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates audio_format debug: s16l->f32l, bits per sample: 16->32 main debug: using audio filter module "audio_format" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found 2 filters for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'f32l' 35200 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates bandlimited_resampler debug: f32l/35200KHz/2->f32l/32000KHz/2 main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: End of audio preroll freetype debug: Building font database. freetype debug: Finished building font database. freetype debug: Took 0 microseconds freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:/WINDOWS/fonts/arial.ttf freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 9965.000 ms - Total 9965.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 9965.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 18 candidates swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: YUVA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality) main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 3.000 ms - Total 3.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 18 candidates yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 41.000 ms - Total 41.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 41.000 ms) main debug: window size: 1536x1024 main debug: Deinterlacing available main debug: deinterlace 0, mode blend, is_needed 0 main debug: looking for video output module: 1 candidate vout_wrapper debug: Opening vout display wrapper main debug: looking for vout display module: 8 candidates directx debug: creating Vout EventThread directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for vout window hwnd module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video... qt4 debug: Video was requested 0, 0 qt4 debug: embedded video ready (handle 001205d6) qt4 debug: Video is resizing to: 1536 1024 main debug: using vout window hwnd module "qt4" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 21.000 ms - Total 21.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 21.000 ms) directx debug: created video sub-window directx debug: Vout EventThread running directx debug: disabling screen saver directx debug: directx-device: directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1680x1050) directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1 main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 1544x1058 window directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_dst_clipped coords: 640,494,1680,1050 directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_src_clipped coords: 0,0,1035,554 directx debug: YUV overlay surface created successfully main debug: using vout display module "directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 74.000 ms - Total 74.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 74.000 ms) main debug: using video output module "vout_wrapper" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 76.000 ms - Total 76.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 76.000 ms) main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s) main debug: pic render sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic in sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic out sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-18 to system pictures 1-19 avcodec debug: using direct rendering main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 427x1 window directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_dst_clipped coords: 853,480,854,481 directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_src_clipped coords: 0,0,1536,1024 directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture freetype debug: using fontsize: 64 main debug: Decoder buffering done in 10110 ms main warning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (-35000), dropping buffer main debug: finished input main warning: buffer is 25732714000 late, triggering upsampling main debug: looking for video blending module: 1 candidate blend debug: chroma: YUVA -> J420 main debug: using video blending module "blend" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 10.000 ms - Total 10.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 10.000 ms) main debug: thread times: real 0m10.203125s, kernel 0m1.562500s, user 0m2.125000s avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: [0] 0 0 main debug: [1] 0 0 main debug: [2] 0 0 main debug: [3] 0 0 main debug: [4] 0 0 main debug: [5] 0 0 main debug: [6] 0 0 main debug: [7] 0 0 main debug: [8] 0 0 main debug: [9] 0 0 main debug: [10] 0 0 main debug: [11] 0 0 main debug: [12] 0 0 main debug: [13] 0 0 main debug: [14] 0 0 main debug: [15] 0 0 main debug: [16] 0 0 main debug: [17] 0 0 main debug: [18] 2 0 main debug: saving a free vout main debug: Post-processing available main warning: vlc_object_find_name(postproc) is not safe! main warning: input PTS is out of range (25364000), trashing main warning: received buffer in the future main warning: received buffer in the future main debug: thread times: real 0m35.578125s, kernel 0m0.062500s, user 0m25.328125s main debug: removing module "araw" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `araw', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "audio_format" main debug: removing module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler" aout_directx debug: closing audio device aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m35.250000s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "aout_directx" main debug: removing module "audio_format" main debug: removing module "float32_mixer" main debug: releasing aout avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: dead input main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m39.437500s, kernel 0m0.046875s, user 0m0.015625s main debug: changing item without a request (current 1/2) main debug: nothing to play main debug: destroying useless vout directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input main debug: Destroying the input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 3861.000 ms - Total 3861.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 3861.000 ms) qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: removing module "directx" main debug: removing module "vout_wrapper" main debug: removing module "blend" main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale"
the final debug log will appear in a separate post since its length is putting me over the post limit.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 14 Mar 2010 01:29

This continues from the previous post, because as noted the length of this log was putting me over the character limit for a forum post.

* Everything if you use "Repair", which also no longer plays the video in VLC. Instead, I get the repair status dialog which completes its progress bar in a few seconds with my short test video, then pops up the same font database dialog mentioned in the previous test, and removes it near-instantly. The VLC window then resizes but without any video pane (as if I was playing an audio file), and I see the position indicator move from left to right across the VLC window as if there was a file playing. Note that in addition to their being no video pane, no sound is played either in this instance. Last note on this attempt is that it took quite a while after finishing "playing the video" in this instance for me to even be able to cut'n'paste from the message window, because it continued updating with "waiting decoder fifos to empty" and a variety of other repeated messages for quite a few seconds after "playback" ceased.:

main debug: adding item `IMGP0068.AVI' ( file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI ) main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 5 items, index 3 main debug: processing request item IMGP0068.AVI node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on IMGP0068.AVI main debug: IMGP0068.AVI is at 4 main debug: starting new item main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: thread (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:214) main debug: thread started main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path 'C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp' main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI' gives access `file' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 2 candidates main debug: no access_demux module matching "file" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: creating access 'file' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for access module: 2 candidates filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: using access module "filesystem" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre buffering main debug: received first data after 0 ms main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 1000000 KiB/s main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 2 candidates main debug: no stream_filter module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: looking for demux module: 51 candidates avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI ' avi debug: <list 'AVI '> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:844 pos:12 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hdrl' avi debug: <list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68697661 (avih) size:56 pos:24 avi debug: avih: streams:2 flags: HAS_INDEX 1536x1024 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:244 pos:88 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:100 avi debug: strh: type:vids handler:0x67706a6d samplesize:0 30.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:40 pos:164 avi debug: strf: video:MJPG 1536x1024 planes:1 24bpp avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:212 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:220 pos:340 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'strl' avi debug: <list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:68727473 (strh) size:56 pos:352 avi debug: strh: type:auds handler:0x00000000 samplesize:2 32000.00fps avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:66727473 (strf) size:16 pos:416 avi debug: strf: audio:0x0001 channels:1 32000Hz 16bits/sample 500kb/s avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:78646e69 (indx) size:120 pos:440 avi debug: indx: type=0 subtype=0 entry=1 avi debug: </list 'strl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:260 pos:568 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'odml' avi debug: <list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:686c6d64 (dmlh) size:248 pos:580 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'odml'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54494449 (IDIT) size:20 pos:836 avi debug: IDIT: digitalization time : 2009/09/22 11:47:40 avi debug: </list 'hdrl'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:52 pos:864 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'INFO' avi debug: <list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:54465349 (ISFT) size:40 pos:876 avi debug: ISFT: software : PENTAX K-7 avi debug: </list 'INFO'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:740 pos:924 avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'hydt' avi debug: <list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:6e6d7968 (hymn) size:728 pos:936 avi warning: unknown chunk (not loaded) avi debug: </list 'hydt'> avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:4b4e554a (JUNK) size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:5453494c (LIST) size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: skipping movi chunk avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:31786469 (idx1) size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: idx1: index entry:2 avi debug: </list 'AVI '> avi debug: * LIST-root size:47272296 pos:0 avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:47272288 pos:0 avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:844 pos:12 avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:244 pos:88 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100 avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:212 avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:220 pos:340 avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:352 avi debug: | | | + strf size:16 pos:416 avi debug: | | | + indx size:120 pos:440 avi debug: | | + LIST-odml size:260 pos:568 avi debug: | | | + dmlh size:248 pos:580 avi debug: | | + IDIT size:20 pos:836 avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:52 pos:864 avi debug: | | + ISFT size:40 pos:876 avi debug: | + LIST-hydt size:740 pos:924 avi debug: | | + hymn size:728 pos:936 avi debug: | + JUNK size:356 pos:1672 avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:47270212 pos:2036 avi debug: | + idx1 size:32 pos:47272256 avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX avi debug: stream[0] rate:1000000 scale:33333 samplesize:0 avi debug: stream[0] video(MJPG) 1536x1024 24bpp 30.000300fps main debug: selecting program id=0 avi debug: stream[1] rate:64000 scale:2 samplesize:2 avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x1) 1 channels 32000Hz 16bits avi debug: stream[0] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[1] created 1 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:0 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:1 (based on index) avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be approximative or will exhibit strange behavior qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\IMGP0068.AVI main debug: Creating an input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: no fetch required for (null) (art currently (null)) qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input avi debug: Fixing AVI index avi warning: creating index from LIST-movi, will take time ! avi warning: need resync, probably broken avi avi debug: stream[0] creating 241 index entries avi debug: stream[1] creating 8 index entries avi debug: stream[0] length:8 (based on index) avi debug: stream[1] length:8 (based on index) main debug: using demux module "avi" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2336.000 ms - Total 2336.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2336.000 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\ main debug: looking for decoder module: 33 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec already initialized avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) started main debug: using decoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.000 ms - Total 2.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 0 (input/decoder.c:301) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for decoder module: 33 candidates araw debug: samplerate:32000Hz channels:1 bits/sample:16 main debug: using decoder module "araw" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: thread (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:301) main debug: thread started main debug: looking for meta reader module: 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\vlc\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.lua lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac main debug: no meta reader module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 8.000 ms - Total 8.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 8.000 ms) main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Michael/Desktop/IMGP0068.AVI' successfully opened main debug: Buffering 0% main debug: Buffering 8% main debug: reusing aout main info: Reparenting an object is dangerous (01e67dc8 -> 01e69fc0)! main debug: looking for audio output module: 4 candidates aout_directx debug: Opening DirectSound Audio Output main debug: Buffering 16% main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver aout_directx debug: found device: Realtek HD Audio output main debug: Buffering 25% aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!) aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel aout_directx debug: Windows says your SpeakerConfig is stereo aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread main debug: thread (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (directx.c:321) main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 29.000 ms - Total 29.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 29.000 ms) main debug: output 's16l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/4 bytes main debug: mixer 'f32l' 32000 Hz Stereo/Mono frame=1 samples/8 bytes main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'s16l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: thread started aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates audio_format debug: f32l->s16l, bits per sample: 32->16 main debug: using audio filter module "audio_format" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: input 's16l' 32000 Hz Mono frame=1 samples/2 bytes main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate scaletempo debug: format: 32000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32 scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 960.000 stride_in, 960 stride_out, 768 standing, 192 overlap, 448 search, 1600 queue, fl32 mode main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: filter(s) 's16l'->'f32l' 32000 Hz->32000 Hz Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates main debug: no audio filter module matching "any" could be loaded main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates audio_format debug: s16l->f32l, bits per sample: 16->32 main debug: using audio filter module "audio_format" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates main debug: using audio filter module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: found 2 filters for the whole conversion main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'f32l' 35200 Hz->32000 Hz Stereo/Mono->Stereo/Mono main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates bandlimited_resampler debug: f32l/35200KHz/2->f32l/32000KHz/2 main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.000 ms - Total 1.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.000 ms) main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion main debug: End of audio preroll main debug: Buffering 33% main debug: Buffering 41% main debug: Buffering 50% main debug: Buffering 58% main debug: Buffering 66% main debug: Buffering 75% main debug: Buffering 83% main debug: Buffering 91% main debug: Buffering 100% main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 54 ms) freetype debug: Building font database. freetype debug: Finished building font database. freetype debug: Took 0 microseconds freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:/WINDOWS/fonts/arial.ttf freetype debug: using fontsize: 2 main debug: using text renderer module "freetype" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 145.000 ms - Total 145.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 145.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 18 candidates swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: YUVA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality) main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.000 ms - Total 2.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.000 ms) main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 18 candidates yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: window size: 1536x1024 main debug: Deinterlacing available main debug: deinterlace 0, mode blend, is_needed 0 main debug: looking for video output module: 1 candidate vout_wrapper debug: Opening vout display wrapper main debug: looking for vout display module: 8 candidates directx debug: creating Vout EventThread directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow main debug: looking for vout window hwnd module: 3 candidates qt4 debug: requesting video... qt4 debug: Video was requested 0, 0 qt4 debug: embedded video ready (handle 004c0658) qt4 debug: Video is resizing to: 1536 1024 main debug: using vout window hwnd module "qt4" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 118.000 ms - Total 118.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 118.000 ms) directx debug: created video sub-window directx debug: Vout EventThread running directx debug: disabling screen saver directx debug: directx-device: directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1680x1050) directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1 main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 1544x1058 window directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_dst_clipped coords: 640,494,1680,1050 directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_src_clipped coords: 0,0,1035,554 directx debug: YUV overlay surface created successfully main debug: using vout display module "directx" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 144.000 ms - Total 144.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 144.000 ms) main debug: using video output module "vout_wrapper" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 144.000 ms - Total 144.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 144.000 ms) main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s) main debug: pic render sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic in sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: pic out sz 1536x1024, of (0,0), vsz 1536x1024, 4cc J420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0 main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-18 to system pictures 1-19 avcodec debug: using direct rendering main debug: End of video preroll main debug: Received first picture qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 1536x1024 window directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_dst_clipped coords: 640,480,1680,1050 directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_src_clipped coords: 0,0,1040,570 freetype debug: using fontsize: 64 main debug: looking for video blending module: 1 candidate blend debug: chroma: YUVA -> J420 main debug: using video blending module "blend" main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.000 ms - Total 0.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.000 ms) main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 427x1 window directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_dst_clipped coords: 853,480,854,481 directx debug: DirectXUpdateRects image_src_clipped coords: 0,0,1536,1024 directx warning: DirectDrawUpdateOverlay cannot move/resize overlay main debug: Post-processing available main warning: vlc_object_find_name(postproc) is not safe! main debug: Decoder buffering done in 425 ms main warning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (-35000), dropping buffer main warning: buffer is 26162697000 late, triggering upsampling avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (185121 bytes) avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (196129 bytes) avcodec warning: cannot decode one frame (194657 bytes) avi warning: cannot get packet header, track disabled main debug: EOF reached main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main debug: waiting decoder fifos to empty main warning: input PTS is out of range (25990000), trashing main warning: computed PTS is out of range (25989969), clearing out main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling main warning: PTS is out of range (25989969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25957969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25925969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25893969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25861969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25829969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25797969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25765969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25733969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25701969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25669969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25637969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25605969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25573969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25541969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25509969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25477969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25445969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25413969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25381969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25349969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25317969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25285969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25253969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25221969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25189969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25157969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25125969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25093969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25061969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25041000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (25016000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24991000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24990969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24958969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24926969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24894969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24862969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24830969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24798969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24766969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24734969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24702969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24670969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24638969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24606969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24574969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24542969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24510969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24478969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24446969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24414969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24382969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24350969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24318969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24286969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24254969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24222969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24190969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24158969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24126969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24094969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24062969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24041000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (24016000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23991000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23990969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23958969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23926969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23894969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23862969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23830969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23798969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23766969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23734969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23702969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23670969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23638969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23606969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23574969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23542969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23510969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23478969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23447969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23415969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23383969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23351969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23319969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23287969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23255969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23223969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23191969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23159969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23127969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23095969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23063969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23042000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (23017000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22992000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22991969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22959969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22927969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22895969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22863969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22831969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22799969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22767969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22735969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22703969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22671969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22639969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22607969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22575969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22543969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22511969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22479969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22447969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22415969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22383969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22351969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22319969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22287969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22255969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22223969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22191969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22159969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22127969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22095969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22063969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22042000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (22017000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21992000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21991969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21959969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21928969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21896969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21864969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21832969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21800969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21768969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21736969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21704969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21672969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21640969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21608969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21576969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21544969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21512969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21480969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21448969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21416969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21384969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21352969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21320969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21288969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21256969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21224969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21192969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21160969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21128969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21096969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21064969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21043000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (21018000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20993000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20992969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20960969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20928969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20896969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20864969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20832969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20800969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20768969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20736969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20704969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20672969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20640969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20608969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20576969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20544969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20512969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20480969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20448969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20416969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20384969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20352969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20320969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20288969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20256969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20224969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20192969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20160969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20128969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20096969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20065969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20044000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (20019000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19994000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19993969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19961969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19929969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19897969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19865969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19833969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19801969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19769969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19737969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19705969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19673969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19641969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19609969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19577969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19545969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19513969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19481969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19449969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19417969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19385969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19353969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19321969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19289969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19257969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19225969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19193969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19161969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19129969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19097969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19065969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19044000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (19019000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18994000), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18993969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18961969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18929969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18897969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18865969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18833969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18801969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18769969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18737969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18705969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18673969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18641969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18609969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18577969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18545969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18513969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18481969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18449969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18417969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18385969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18354969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18322969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18290969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18258969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18226969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18194969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18162969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18130969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18098969), dropping buffer main warning: PTS is out of range (18066969), dropping buffer main debug: finished input main debug: thread times: real 0m26.640625s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m3.062500s avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (Motion JPEG Video) stopped main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `MJPG', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: [0] 4 0 main debug: [1] 4 0 main debug: [2] 4 0 main debug: [3] 4 0 main debug: [4] 4 0 main debug: [5] 4 0 main debug: [6] 4 0 main debug: [7] 4 0 main debug: [8] 2 0 main debug: [9] 4 0 main debug: [10] 4 0 main debug: [11] 4 0 main debug: [12] 4 0 main debug: [13] 0 0 main debug: [14] 0 0 main debug: [15] 0 0 main debug: [16] 0 0 main debug: [17] 0 0 main debug: [18] 4 0 main debug: saving a free vout main debug: thread times: real 0m26.640625s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m25.812500s main debug: removing module "araw" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `araw', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing module "audio_format" main debug: removing module "trivial_channel_mixer" main debug: removing module "scaletempo" main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler" aout_directx debug: closing audio device aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting main debug: thread ended main debug: thread times: real 0m26.593750s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s main debug: removing module "aout_directx" main debug: removing module "audio_format" main debug: removing module "float32_mixer" main debug: releasing aout avi debug: free chunk avih avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk strh avi debug: free chunk strf avi debug: free chunk indx avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk IDIT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk ISFT avi debug: free chunk LIST avi warning: unknown chunk (not unloaded) avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk JUNK avi debug: free chunk LIST avi debug: free chunk idx1 avi debug: free chunk RIFF avi debug: free chunk LIST main debug: removing module "avi" main debug: removing module "stream_filter_record" main debug: removing module "filesystem" main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m28.984375s, kernel 0m0.046875s, user 0m0.046875s main debug: changing item without a request (current 4/5) main debug: nothing to play main debug: destroying useless vout directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY qt4 debug: releasing video... qt4 debug: IM: Deleting the input qt4 debug: Qt: Entering Fullscreen main debug: Destroying the input for 'IMGP0068.AVI' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'IMGP0068.AVI' : 2353.000 ms - Total 2353.000 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2353.000 ms) qt4 debug: Video is not needed anymore main debug: removing module "qt4" main debug: removing module "directx" main debug: removing module "vout_wrapper" main debug: removing module "blend" main debug: removing module "freetype" main debug: removing module "yuvp" main debug: removing module "swscale"

lexein
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: AVI file is broken... BUT THEY ARE NOT BROKEN

Postby lexein » 14 Mar 2010 03:35

To narrow the scope, I can verify one problem:
Pentax K7 MJPEG .AVI movies are reported "broken." When the file is "repaired", the repair occurs (nearly instantly in 1.06 branch, 5 seconds in 1.05), then plays and ends normally. When not "repaired," plays only a few frames and a small amount of audio, then stops and closes the video window.

This occurs in Windows XPPro SP3, VLC 1.05 and 1.06 branch, tested against this downloaded video file:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/K ... GP2354.AVI (45 MB)
which is a 1280x720 MJPEG 30.00FPS Audio PCM 32000Hz Mono AVI file.

The video does NOT play in Miro 2.5.4, which merely hangs with an hourglass, or plays one or two frames, then stops.

Just for information, the video plays correctly in Quicktime player 7.6.5(518.40), GOM Player 2,1,21,4846, TCPMP 0.72RC1, Windows Media Player 11 Version 11.0.5721.5268, Winamp 5.572(x86), and IrfanView 4.25 (Prefs/Video/Use Directshow enabled), but not Realplayer Enterprise 6.0.22.2378 (no MJPEG codec).

Since this is a new (ish) camera, and some of my players are quite old, I suspect the problem exists in the VLC AVI "broken file" detection. Searching for MJPEG AVI in the forums, there have been several MJPEG compatibility issues over the years.

More later.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 11 Apr 2010 04:06

Since we've not had any response here, I've gone ahead and created a bug report summarizing the details myself:

http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3512

Since this thread is a few weeks old now, I'll try the absolute latest nightly bugfix / dev builds again just as soon as I've got a moment.

gweilo8888
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby gweilo8888 » 18 May 2010 23:38

I can confirm this bug has now been squashed in the latest bugfix branch of VLC, v1.1.0-rc-20100518-0202 The Luggage.

Thanks to everybody who helped out!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 20 May 2010 16:41

Great news !
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

issicus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby issicus » 30 Jan 2014 02:29

so there is no way to disable or set a default action for that dialog ? because it's annoying and doesn't do anything.

edit: never mind.

to get rid of the 'broken or missing avi index' in vlc do this:

tools>preferences
show settings:all
search for 'avi' click demuxer>AVI
set 'force index creation' to 'never fix'
press save
done

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 12 Feb 2014 15:36

Or just tools -> preferences -> input/codecs -> "damaged or incomplete AVI file"
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

lexein
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby lexein » 12 Feb 2014 19:34

Thanks!

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”