Stopping DVD spinup?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
smurfmachine
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Stopping DVD spinup?

Postby smurfmachine » 31 Jan 2010 04:48

Clearly VLC cant tell I've currently got a game/data dvd (My Quake 4 dvd) in my dvd drive but regardless of what other kind of video file I open from just a filename the stupid annoying thing starts spinning up my dvd drive. Is there any way to set a default so it won't do this? Its as annoying as hell.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Stopping DVD spinup?

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 31 Jan 2010 11:18

This is not supposed to happen and I never had such a problem. Without tracing infos, we can't help you.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

smurfmachine
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby smurfmachine » 07 Feb 2010 03:22

This is not supposed to happen and I never had such a problem. Without tracing infos, we can't help you.
asking me questions might help its traditionally how fault finding diagnostics works but you shouldnt need me to tell you that if you are any kind of programmer, what would you like to know that I didnt tell you in my original post?
It was trying to read a DATA disk FFS! Surely it should be able to tell the difference between an actual movie dvd & a data disk for a game?

having completed & uninstalled Quake 4 yesterday. I tried to open an AVI file and VLC told me there was "No disk in the drive". Proof if its needed it was actually looking for something to play in there. I cancelled that error message and it no longer appears after a restart of vlc. but it DOES prove it looks for stuff in the dvd drive.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 07 Feb 2010 09:44

Looks like you've configured VLC to look for something on the DVD.

Reset your configuration.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”