VLC: presentation with MPEGs and JPEGs

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
huldrych
New Cone
New Cone

VLC: presentation with MPEGs and JPEGs

Postby huldrych » 15 Feb 2005 07:05

It's possible to add JPEGs to a VLC-playlist. The problem I have with that option: the JPEGS switch after a particular time to the next entry of the playlist. But I need the possibility to switch from one entry to the next myself, for example with the "Enter"-button, "PageDown", ... Where / how can I deselect the automatic picture-switch? Thanx for your help.

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 15 Feb 2005 08:28

There is a switch in the preferences->modules->demux->mjpeg that set fps for jpeg viewing. try setting this to 0. If that don't work try setting it to something very low (this will not give and endless display of the jpeg, but hopefully it can be long enough. Then look in the hotkeys section of the preferences and find (or set) the key for next playlist item.

huldrych
New Cone
New Cone

Postby huldrych » 15 Feb 2005 09:50

Quote: "There is a switch in the preferences->modules->demux->mjpeg that set fps for jpeg viewing. try setting this to 0."
Sorry: the value is already set to "0" and the pictures change automatically anyway. What else can I do?

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 15 Feb 2005 18:18

Quote: "If that don't work try setting it to something very low"

something like 0.00001

That should make the jpeg continue every hundred thousand seconds

huldrych
New Cone
New Cone

Postby huldrych » 15 Feb 2005 19:27

Dear Sigmund, it still doesn't work, doesn't matter which number I insert in the frames/sec-field. Propably, we are not talking about the same entry? I have the German version of VLC and changed the following position:
> Einstellungen \ Einstellungen \ Module \ demux 2 \ mjepg
Is that the right position?

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 15 Feb 2005 23:53

I didn't try it myself, if none of my suggestions worked, then I'm all out of ideas. Sorry.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”