bin/cue files

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
clbgld
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

bin/cue files

Postby clbgld » 03 Oct 2009 02:20

This is probably not a Windows-specific question, so I am posting it here.

I cannot get VLC to play any .cue and/or .bin files made using the "render" option of the Reaper DAW software. ISOBuster can extract the wav files just fine from each track, but VLC 1.0.2 crashes every time it tries to open either file.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem and if VLC can normally open cue/bin audio files?

Thanks,

Cleiber

MacEachaidh
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: bin/cue files

Postby MacEachaidh » 05 Oct 2009 00:16

OK, maybe I'm just showing how much I don't know, but I thought paired .bin and .cue files were specific to burning a CD or DVD, rather than playable media files. The .bin is the compressed binary file, and the .cue contains the necessary info on how the data is to be broken up and apportioned into tracks on the disc as it's written.

ISOBuster can open these files, but that's because that's what it's specifically written to do: open compressed binary files like .BIN and .ISO and split them into their component files.

I'm sorry if I'm way off-beam, but I wouldn't have expected VLC to be able to open or play these files.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”