VLC 1.0.1-Frame x Frame freeze

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
JerseyJim
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 1.0.1-Frame x Frame freeze

Postby JerseyJim » 16 Sep 2009 17:04

Hello,

I've greatly enjoyed using the VLC media player, but one issue I've run into is the Frame by Frame feature quickly freezes the entire application. I know this was brought up in the forum a few weeks back, but I haven't seen any more on it. I apologize if I missed it, but was there any resolution/is it still being looked into? Thanks.

spamll
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 1.0.1-Frame x Frame freeze

Postby spamll » 25 Sep 2009 10:45

Ah, it's good to see this issue has already been reported on. I had this same problem. Clicking frame by frame makes it so I cannot play the movie again. I exit out of VLC, and it goes to the windows (Vista) tray, and when I click on that, the movie is where it had been. The only way to end VLC is that I have to Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up the task manager, go the the Processes tab, and end the process. Anyways, just wanted to report that. Thanks for such an great player.

VLC.kia
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VLC.kia » 25 Oct 2009 02:50

If a feature does not work as intended, shouldn't it have been fixed with 1.0.2? Either that, or removed?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 25 Oct 2009 19:29

Patches are welcome.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”