Problems with S-video to TV!

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Danne

Problems with S-video to TV!

Postby Danne » 06 Jan 2004 21:48

I have problems when I try to watch a movie on my TV. On the computer screen it works great but when I connect to the TV the picture gets all green and divided up in two. And then when I reconnect to the computer screen I get the same problem there. When I restart the computer it works ok again.
I connect to the TV by S-video and I have the latest version of VLC.
Is there anyone who can help me with this?

sash
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sash » 07 Jan 2004 17:04

how are you displaying to tv? via the video card ? and it sounds like you are swapping video cables to achive this ?

if you working in a windows enviroment then i would say set overlay to display on secondary display ( being the TV) - stretch to fit option. and then when ever you watch a something it will normally display every thing on the TV properly.
and at the same time display it on your desktop. then just minimze it if you wish not to see it on your desktop. if it is a ati card it can be sort of done the same way but you will have to set it up in hotkeys. but it is the same bacis configuration. and if it is maxtor type card turn on dvdmax and set aspect to full screen

under other operating systems I am not sure how to for most cards other then nvidia and linux - for that just use yanc and set it the same way as it is set for windows.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”