win98 dark video output

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
maaike

win98 dark video output

Postby maaike » 12 Jan 2005 00:32

i run vlc on win 98 but the output screen is verry dark can't get it lighter on monitor, is there any way i can change this? help would be appreaciated

arri
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby arri » 12 Jan 2005 01:24

hmm. yes..

hi maaike,

it's not very difficult, but also not really straightforward.

you need to change two things:

- first is to select the video-filter-module Image Properties Filter. You do that in the preferences; see settings-menu>general settings>Video... it's somewhere at the bottom.

then you need to configure this Image Properties Filter. You do this also in the preferences, in Modules>Video Filter>Adjust.
There you can set Brightnes, contrast and others.. you need to fiddle with these settings, and they only take effect after you have stopped and restarted the playing back of the video.
The default of the numbers displayed here is 1.00 , you probably will find what you want within the 1.00-2.00 range. e.g. changing contrast to 1.5 already makes a great difference..

and yes, you need to stop and restart everytime, which is not really convenient, but that's subject of another thread..

goodluck
arri[/i]

maaike

Postby maaike » 12 Jan 2005 14:05

thanks arri!
it helps a lot it's still a little dark but some pictures that i open on my comp are a little darker to but turning up the brightness helps a lot! now i can accualy see the movie!
thanks for your advise!
maaike

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”