0.9.9 Right click playlist options buggy?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Downgrrl
New Cone
New Cone

0.9.9 Right click playlist options buggy?

Postby Downgrrl » 10 Apr 2009 00:49

I am using 0.9.9 on XP Pro SP3. I do not know if this is OS specific so it comes here. I could not find a thread with this in, but I could have missed it, if so sorry.

"add to vlc playlist" right click, results in all marked files being added to the list, but the player starts too - it actually starts playing the LAST file in the list!

"play in VLC Player" it starts playing too but with the second file!, having given an erroneous find error for the first. If I open the playlist and double click the first file it opens it and plays through the list ok.

I love the right click features, please mend it or tell me how :)

Downgrrl
New Cone
New Cone

Re: 0.9.9 Right click playlist options buggy?

Postby Downgrrl » 10 Apr 2009 09:13

This is already tracked under Ticket #2297 (new defect),

erroneously starting to play a file when only "add to playlist" is selected with no instance running is not specifically mentioned.

Also with my current 0.9.9 (build I have no idea) even if VLC is already running

- with "add files to playlist" the new files are added to the playlist BEFORE the file currently playing.

- with "play files in VLC" the current playing object is stopped. The new items are added correctly at the end of the list, but again it starts playing at new-file #2, not new-file #1.

So it seems not to be a problem just with no VLC Instance active.

Strangely, if I select an entire directory it seems to work correctly. Just it also selects non video files like .txt, .rar and .mht which perhaps it should not.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”