To developers/users: I made a new application icon!

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
eobet
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

To developers/users: I made a new application icon!

Postby eobet » 08 Dec 2004 13:03

Hello!

I got tired of having the hideously pixelated standard VLC icon in my quicklaunch, so I had to make a new one.

I made it using a mix of themes so that it would fit both XP and Unix (and perhaps even OS X), if by any chance any developers would like to take it and use it for the standard icon in the future. (Which would be nice, since I wouldn't have to look at the icky original icon in the taskbar either then.) ;)

This is a big version just to show you the idea, as the icon includes only 48/32/16 resources. But since it's vector based, I can get any size larger than that without much effort.

The base orange color is the same as the standard icon (and the logo on this site), but I warmed up the shadows, and made the highlights yellower, to give it a more "friendly" feeling. The shades of grey is exactly the same, though.

http://www.eobet.com/temp/Videolan.ico

And there's the icon itself. Some pixels were fixed in the 32/16 sizes, and I might do more fixes to them if I start to see mistakes in it. (Btw, I just tried clicking on the icon in Explorer, and boy the preview was ugly... it looks good on the desktop/quicklaunch, though.)

Hope you enjoy it! :)

EDIT: I adjusted some pixels on the 48 sized icon now as well.

anon

Looks good to me

Postby anon » 11 Dec 2004 20:06

Looks better than the original to me.

But I really don't have anything to do with VLC other than being a very satisfied customer and hopeful developer. So what do I know?

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2004 13:03

129 views and only one comment? :(

I guess UI is not a priority...

eobet
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby eobet » 14 Dec 2004 13:04

Arg, that last comment was by me. Didn't realize you didn't have to be logged in to post. :oops:

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2004 21:04

Really like that one, looks better than the current one...

fuyutsuki
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby fuyutsuki » 14 Dec 2004 21:41

The Mac OS X icon for VLC is already quite nice... especially hardware scaled.
(Previously it was very similar to your one now)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”