Adding FFMPEG's AMR support to VLC

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
chrget

Adding FFMPEG's AMR support to VLC

Postby chrget » 08 Nov 2004 08:02

Hello everybody,

has anyone tried adding AMR support to VLC via an AMR-enabled FFMPEG? I was under the impression that it would be sufficient to add the codec to the list in modules/codec/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c, but that does not seem to be the case.

The codec is recognized, probably working as well (?), but the resulting audio is seemingly discarded by VLC due to timing issues:

Code: Select all

[00000154] main audio output warning: buffer is 390000 in advance, triggering downsampling [00000154] main audio output warning: computed PTS is out of range (372267), clearing out [00000154] main audio output warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
This is being repeated all through playback (obviously with varying PTS values). Am I missing something here? If so, can someone please point me in the appropriate direction?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Chris.

Sara

compiled version

Postby Sara » 12 Dec 2004 17:33

Can you please please send me the compiled version of yours with the amr support?

Your help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sara
sarit.moretzky@comverse.com

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 13 Dec 2004 10:30

BTW, the problem report above has been fixed in the development version.

Postby Guest » 23 Dec 2004 13:30

I did not find a development version of VLC with AMR support - can you please help ?
Do u have this build?

Do u know other tool that can get RTSP stream (mpeg4 and AMR ) and convert it to MPEG2 TS or just save it to file?

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 23 Dec 2004 16:38

the reason as to why VLC currently doesn't include AMR by default in the binary is because the sources for AMR are not compatible fully with GPL (in our interpretation of the GPL). No one has developed full GPL compatible sources yet, therefore VLC does not have a AMR decoder. (though it can be eaisly build with one if you put some effort in it.)
Don't use PMs for support questions.

SARA

Postby SARA » 23 Dec 2004 19:59

I did try to build one - believe me. I'm working on that for several days by now with no success. :cry:

PLEASE HELP! :oops:

Can you give me some instructions?

will be much appreciated,

Sara

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”