Sugg: Disable Screen Saver + Monitor Switch Time

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Cøbra

Sugg: Disable Screen Saver + Monitor Switch Time

Postby Cøbra » 11 Dec 2004 16:46

Hello all.

Here's a suggestion:

I'd like to see a feature in VideoLAN that will prevent the screen saver and the monitor switch time to be disabled while VideoLAN is in use.

The reason I ask this is because I always forget to turn off my screen saver and disable the "power scheme" for my monitor -- which disrupts viewing :roll:

cdebuhr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cdebuhr » 11 Dec 2004 16:51

yeah, thats a good idea.

technotrone
New Cone
New Cone

Postby technotrone » 12 Dec 2004 22:55

There's many posts/requests for this to be fixed. You will have to wait for the next release, we hope. Also, the matter of the extended gui and screen size having to be enabled each time you start VLC has been brought up here in a number of posts.
For now, you can set the screensaver to engage later or disable it altogether temporarily.

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 13 Dec 2004 10:28

This has been fixed in the development version (http://www.videolan.org/~videolan for nightly builds). However beware that this development version is currently undergoing major changes so may have stability problems.

cdebuhr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cdebuhr » 13 Dec 2004 16:02

uh great, gibalou.

yesterday i got my "vod-server" running with iis & vlc.

i love this program! -> it plays nearly everything (except nero avc), streams all formats i have smoothly. even to my dbox. wow!

thx
chris

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”