autocropping affects DVD menus

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
lvm
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

autocropping affects DVD menus

Postby lvm » 21 Dec 2008 13:10

When autocropping (video-filters-crop-automatic cropping) is on vlc up to 0.9.8a may kill DVD menus - overcrops it in such a way that controls are cut off or blacks the screen completely. As far as I can tell it happens only to static menus with no animation at all even though the frame is by no means black. The only workaround I found is to increase number of frames crop filter analyzes before cropping to 10-20 seconds and be fast - not nice at all. Other ideas?
:), Leo

cocquebert
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: autocropping affects DVD menus

Postby cocquebert » 23 Dec 2008 10:25

No way, it's a normal behaviour ...

Long time ago, I proposed a hotkey system to switch on/off , auto & cycle between values for the 'crop' filter...It's the only solution to bypass bad detection... I had no answer from VLC Team ...

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 23 Dec 2008 12:20

No way, it's a normal behaviour ...

Long time ago, I proposed a hotkey system to switch on/off , auto & cycle between values for the 'crop' filter...It's the only solution to bypass bad detection... I had no answer from VLC Team ...
Resend it.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

cocquebert
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cocquebert » 23 Dec 2008 16:41

OK, I send you a patch today, but the main question is:
Does hotkey (& context menu) must switch on/off filter (and modify values in this filter) ?
There is a break in your layer design ! (but it seems to be yet here for "deinterlace" filter ...)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”