Preferences not being saved, VLC 0.9.8a and Vista 64bit Home

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
DavidC
New Cone
New Cone

Preferences not being saved, VLC 0.9.8a and Vista 64bit Home

Postby DavidC » 12 Dec 2008 02:37

I am attempting to have just one instance of vlc with everything else enqueued when i try to open it and something is playing. i open the preferences and select the check boxes for :

*Allow only one instance
*Enqueue files in playlist when in one ....

I then press save. The behavior is not correct so I reopen the preferences. usually the checkbox for the enque is still checked, but sometimes it is not. Always when i close the program and re-open the check box for enqueue is not checked. I have tried running as administrator.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

DavidC
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Preferences not being saved, VLC 0.9.8a and Vista 64bit Home

Postby DavidC » 13 Dec 2008 22:47

no one / personne?

DavidC
New Cone
New Cone

Postby DavidC » 19 Dec 2008 00:39

I'm still having troubles with this.

J Tinsby
New Cone
New Cone

Postby J Tinsby » 21 Dec 2008 21:43

You aren't the only one, it just seems that way because no one has answered you!

See my posting that pertains to the PREFERENCES and settings of the SNAPSHOT size and type............ I'm using XP and VLC 0.9.8a and the settings I choose don't make any difference. They are ignored by the program, no changes occur at all. I even tried to remove VLC and re-install it to no avail.

Hopefully someone will fill us in on why the changes we want to make won't 'stick'.

Happy Holidays........

J T

smoker68x
New Cone
New Cone

Postby smoker68x » 12 Jan 2009 05:51

Anything new on this yet? I'm still using VLC 0.8.6i because it's the last version that the enque function worked. I read somewhere that the issue was found and would be resolved, but that was back on 0.9.2 and it obviously hasn't been yet. Any ideas on when we can expect this to be fixed?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”