Transcoding problem since upgrading

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
kewa
New Cone
New Cone

Transcoding problem since upgrading

Postby kewa » 15 Nov 2008 13:56

Hi

For some time I've been using a batch file to transcode all .mp3 files in a folder to .ts format and to remove all "_"'s in the filename with " "

This has worked perfectly, automatically transcoding each file, replacing the "_" with " " and quitting at the end.

This is the code...

for %%a in (*.mp3) do "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -I dummy -vvv "%%a" --sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=raw,dst="%%~na.ts"} vlc:quit

Since upgrading from 0.8.6 to 0.9.6 the batch file no longer works properly.

It transcodes the first file, doesn't replace the "_" then stops. If I close the second command window and go back to the first it says Terminate Batch Job Y/N if I press N and Enter it starts transcoding the second file.

So, in upgrading to 0.9.6 the batch file no longer automatically transcodes each file in the folder or replaces "_" with " ".

I really don't understand why this is but I would appreciate some help amending the code so it works properly again

EDIT Changing vlc:quit to vlc://quit appears to solve the problem of the code stopping after only one file but I still haven't found a solution to replacing the "_" character with a space.

Thanks a lot

Kewa

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Transcoding problem since upgrading

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 15 Nov 2008 16:57

Messages?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

kewa
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Transcoding problem since upgrading

Postby kewa » 18 Nov 2008 10:17

Hi

There are no messages because the process just runs OK now except the filenames don't change correctly.

Here is my revised code again:
%%a in (*.mp3) do "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -I dummy -vvv "%%a" --sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=192,channels=2}:standard{access=file,mux=raw,dst="%%~na.ts"} vlc://quit

An example of the problem...

In 0.8.6 the part of the code dst="%%~na.ts" would change 01_All_For_One.Mp3 to 01 All For One.ts but now the new filename still has the underscore character so now it just changes 01_All_For_One.Mp3 to 01_All_For_One.ts .

As I said before, I don't understand how some of the changes in 0.9.6 have changed the required syntax so I need a bit of help editing that last piece of the code so the underscore characters are replaced by spaces again

Thanks

Kewa

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”