Bugs?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
quindraco
New Cone
New Cone

Bugs?

Postby quindraco » 22 Oct 2008 23:13

I hope this is the correct subforum for bug reports, none of them really look appropriately named for it, but I also couldn't find any other way to report them.....

If you click on tools->advanced controls, while not in fullscreen, you get two new buttons, both of which are ALREADY there in fullscreen, but mysteriously vanish when not in fullscreen. These two new buttons are loop and screenshot. They appear next to extended settings and show playlist (the buttons for them). I'll call the four buttons sp, es, lo, and sc, for short.

Visible buttons:
Advanced Settings Off, Fullscreen Off:
sp, es

Advanced Settings On, Fullscreen Off:
sp, es, lo, sc

Advanced Settings Off, Fullscreen On:
lo, sc

Advanced Settings On, Fullscreen On:
None!

((These should always appear as the rightmost buttons, before the volume slider)).

The inconsistency here should be obvious, and strikes me as very buggy, but that's just a side note, since you can always dig up the buttons with enough work. My chief problem is with the loop button, which seems to just plain not work; I tried making it loop through some video, in different parts and for different lengths of time, but no matter where I started or how long I did it for, the loop always started at the right point and only lasted about 3 seconds. It just wouldn't accept my "point B".

I hope this gets fixed for the next release, I'm running 0.9.4 on Windows.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”