How to record RTSP stream to files?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Koalar
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How to record RTSP stream to files?

Postby Koalar » 23 Sep 2008 06:22

I have been writing a VC++ program using the API of VLC.Now I need to record RTSP stream into a file,how can I do?Are there any API of VLC can record the RTSP stream which is playing?Or can I do this in the command line?How to write it?I have been searching this for hours in this forum and google,but couldn't find the answer.Could anyone help me?Thank you very much!! :)

Koalar
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to record RTSP stream to files?

Postby Koalar » 25 Sep 2008 13:41

OK,the stream saving problem has been solved now.The key point is to set the "vcodec" to "mp4v",but not the "h264".However,there is another problem now.When I call "libvlc_media_player_stop" to stop recording,apparently it had stopped recording because the file stopped getting bigger.But VLC didn't seem to had already closed the file that no player can open and play the file until the program was closed.How to solve this problem?Thank you!!

Koalar
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to record RTSP stream to files?

Postby Koalar » 26 Sep 2008 05:12

Yeah,problem solved.The answer is to use new version of VLC dll on http://nightlies.videolan.org/.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”