JVLC and libfaad_plugin

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
randgen22
New Cone
New Cone

JVLC and libfaad_plugin

Postby randgen22 » 26 Jul 2008 02:17

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to use the Java bindings for VLC and am running into an issue with libfaad_plugin. Using the example VlcClient in bindings\java\samples\client\src\main\java, I am able to view a test video file without issues. I noticed that the Playlist class is deprecated, so I modified the example to use the MediaPlayer class instead. I am able to view the video, however, when libvlc_media_player_stop() is called through JNA, the JVM crashes due to

Unhandled exception at 0x6ff61aa6 in javaw.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000004

in the libfaad_plugin library. I tried a few other videos and some cause the JVM to crash in the same way while others do not. I have tested this in both Windows XP and Linux -- libfaad_plugin.dll crashes in Windows and libfaad_plugin.so crashes in Linux. Strangely, I do not see any crashing issues with the standalone VLC binaries on any of the test files I used.

I am using the latest nightly VLC build and JDK 1.6u6.

I have a few questions:
1) What class(es) should I be using if I want to play a video through JVLC? Playlist, MediaList/MediaListPLayer, or MediaPlayer?

2) What could be causing libfaad_plugin to crash? I suspect the video files may be corrupt in some way, but the standalone binary handles them without issues.

Please let me know if I can provide more information to look into this issue. Thank you in advance.

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: JVLC and libfaad_plugin

Postby littlejohn » 27 Jul 2008 22:45

Hi,
could you please attach the hs_err*log file? Which version of jvlc/vlc are you using? Any additional info?

Cheers,
Filippo

randgen22
New Cone
New Cone

Postby randgen22 » 29 Jul 2008 01:09

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, no error log files are created when the JVM crashes.

I am using the JVLC bindings that I checked out off git on July 23, 2008 and the VLC nightly build vlc-0.9.0-test3-20080725-1826-win32.exe. After trying various things, I've been able to get a backtrace of sorts on the crash. Here is a transcript of it, along with some VLC output:

Code: Select all

user@CACHEHIT /cygdrive/d/work $ gdb GNU gdb 6.8.0.20080328-cvs (cygwin-special) Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin". (gdb) file /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/java Reading symbols from /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/java.exe...( no debugging symbols found)...done. (gdb) run -classpath "D:\\work;C:\\cygwin\\home\\user\\vlc\\bindings\\java\\co re\\src\\main\\java;D:\\work\\jna.jar" VlcClient_edit Starting program: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/java.exe -class path "D:\\work;C:\\cygwin\\home\\user\\vlc\\bindings\\java\\core\\src\\main\\jav a;D:\\work\\jna.jar" VlcClient_edit [New thread 2628.0xc4c] (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) [New thread 2628.0xf9c] (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) [New thread 2628.0xdbc] [New thread 2628.0x664] [New thread 2628.0x540] [New thread 2628.0xe18] [New thread 2628.0xd28] [New thread 2628.0xfb8] [New thread 2628.0x5e4] [New thread 2628.0x14c] (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) [New thread 2628.0xa2c] [New thread 2628.0x9ac] [New thread 2628.0xa08] (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) (no debugging symbols found) [00000001] main libvlc debug: VLC media player - version 0.9.0-test3-20080725-18 26 Grishenko - (c) 1996-2008 the VideoLAN team [00000001] main libvlc debug: libvlc was configured with ./configure '--enable- debug' '--host=i586-mingw32msvc' '--build=i386-linux' '--enable-shared-libvlc' ' --enable-sdl' '--with-sdl-config-path=/usr/win32/bin' '--disable-gtk' '--disable -hal' '--disable-libcdio' '--enable-nls' '--enable-skins2' '--enable-ffmpeg' '-- with-ffmpeg-mp3lame' '--with-ffmpeg-faac' '--with-ffmpeg-zlib' '--with-ffmpeg-co nfig-path=/usr/win32/bin' '--enable-faad' '--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--e nable-twolame' '--enable-dvdread' '--disable-vcdx' '--disable-cddax' '--enable-m ozilla' '- [00000001] main libvlc debug: translation test: code is "C" [New thread 2628.0xf24] [New thread 2628.0xd9c] [New thread 2628.0x2c4] [New thread 2628.0x3cc] [New thread 2628.0xe24] [New thread 2628.0x83c] [New thread 2628.0x6e0] *** LibVLC Exception not handled: No active input Set a breakpoint in 'libvlc_exception_not_handled' to debug. [New thread 2628.0x8b4] 11603630 [New thread 2628.0x7a0] [New thread 2628.0xee8] [New thread 2628.0xf60] [New thread 2628.0x7f8] [New thread 2628.0x890] [New thread 2628.0xdf0] [New thread 2628.0xed0] [New thread 2628.0x9c4] [00000372] avcodec decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?) Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. [Switching to thread 2628.0xee8] 0x6bd81aa6 in vlc_entry__0_9_0m () from /cygdrive/c/Program Files/VideoLAN/VLC/plugins/libfaad_plugin.dll (gdb) bt #0 0x6bd81aa6 in vlc_entry__0_9_0m () from /cygdrive/c/Program Files/VideoLAN/VLC/plugins/libfaad_plugin.dll #1 0x6a55f9a0 in libvlccore!decoder_GetInputAttachment () from /cygdrive/c/Progra~1/VideoLAN/VLC/libvlccore.dll #2 0x6a560fdc in libvlccore!decoder_GetInputAttachment () from /cygdrive/c/Progra~1/VideoLAN/VLC/libvlccore.dll #3 0x6a561eb1 in libvlccore!decoder_GetInputAttachment () from /cygdrive/c/Progra~1/VideoLAN/VLC/libvlccore.dll #4 0x6a5adaa5 in vlc_pthread_fatal () from /cygdrive/c/Progra~1/VideoLAN/VLC/libvlccore.dll #5 0x77c3a3b0 in msvcrt!_endthreadex () from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/msvcrt.dll #6 0x7c80b683 in KERNEL32!GetModuleFileNameA () from /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/kernel32.dll #7 0x00000000 in ?? () (gdb)
Please let me know if there is a way to provide a better backtrace while running JVLC.

I've noticed that while the crash happens often, it does not happen every time. There are a few times when libvlc_media_player_stop() does not crash the JVM. I've also included the modified version of VlcClient that I'm using:

import java.awt.Canvas; import java.awt.Frame; import java.awt.event.WindowAdapter; import java.awt.event.WindowEvent; import java.util.regex.Matcher; import javax.swing.JPanel; import org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC; import org.videolan.jvlc.MediaDescriptor; import org.videolan.jvlc.MediaPlayer; import org.videolan.jvlc.Playlist; import org.videolan.jvlc.Video; import org.videolan.jvlc.VLCException; class VLCPlayerFrame_edit extends Frame { private MediaDescriptor mediaDescriptor; private MediaPlayer mediaPlayer; private final boolean usePlaylist = false; private Video video; private Playlist playlist; public Canvas jvcanvas; public VLCPlayerFrame_edit() { initComponents(); } private void initComponents() { java.awt.GridBagConstraints gridBagConstraints; fullScreenButton = new javax.swing.JButton(); jTextField1 = new javax.swing.JTextField(); setButton = new javax.swing.JButton(); pauseButton = new javax.swing.JButton(); stopButton = new javax.swing.JButton(); jvcc = new JPanel(); jvcanvas = new java.awt.Canvas(); jvcanvas.setSize(200, 200); jvcc.add(jvcanvas); //The below code is suggested by smads on the VideoLan forums (http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47912) // The -vvv is optional, // The path should point to the plugins directory on the target machine String[] args = new String[] { /*"-vvv",*/ "--plugin-path=c:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\plugins" }; jvlc = new JVLC(args); //replacing --> jvlc = new JVLC(); playlist = new Playlist(jvlc); setLayout(new java.awt.GridBagLayout()); gridBagConstraints = new java.awt.GridBagConstraints(); gridBagConstraints.gridwidth = java.awt.GridBagConstraints.CENTER; gridBagConstraints.gridx = 0; gridBagConstraints.gridy = 0; add(jvcc, gridBagConstraints); fullScreenButton.setText("FullScreen"); fullScreenButton.addActionListener(new java.awt.event.ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { fullScreenButtonActionPerformed(evt); } }); gridBagConstraints = new java.awt.GridBagConstraints(); gridBagConstraints.gridx = 0; gridBagConstraints.gridy = 2; gridBagConstraints.fill = java.awt.GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL; add(fullScreenButton, gridBagConstraints); jTextField1.setText("D:\\media\\bob\\bob.mp4"); gridBagConstraints = new java.awt.GridBagConstraints(); gridBagConstraints.gridx = 0; gridBagConstraints.gridy = 1; gridBagConstraints.gridwidth = 2; gridBagConstraints.fill = java.awt.GridBagConstraints.BOTH; add(jTextField1, gridBagConstraints); setButton.setText("Set item"); setButton.addActionListener(new java.awt.event.ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { setButtonActionPerformed(evt); } }); gridBagConstraints = new java.awt.GridBagConstraints(); gridBagConstraints.gridx = 2; gridBagConstraints.gridy = 1; gridBagConstraints.fill = java.awt.GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL; add(setButton, gridBagConstraints); pauseButton.setText("Play/Pause"); pauseButton.addActionListener(new java.awt.event.ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { pauseButtonActionPerformed(evt); } }); gridBagConstraints = new java.awt.GridBagConstraints(); gridBagConstraints.gridx = 1; gridBagConstraints.gridy = 2; gridBagConstraints.fill = java.awt.GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL; add(pauseButton, gridBagConstraints); stopButton.setText("Stop"); stopButton.addActionListener(new java.awt.event.ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { stopButtonActionPerformed(evt); } }); gridBagConstraints = new java.awt.GridBagConstraints(); gridBagConstraints.gridx = 2; gridBagConstraints.gridy = 2; gridBagConstraints.fill = java.awt.GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL; add(stopButton, gridBagConstraints); pack(); } private void stopButtonActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { try { if(usePlaylist){ playlist.stop(); }else{ mediaPlayer.stop(); } } catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); } } private void pauseButtonActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { try { if(usePlaylist){ playlist.togglePause(); }else{ mediaPlayer.pause(); } } catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); } } private void setButtonActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { if (usePlaylist) { try { jvlc.setVideoOutput(jvcanvas); playlist.add(jTextField1.getText(), "a.avi"); playlist.play(); while (playlist.getMediaInstance().getLength() == 0) { } System.out.println("movie duration is: " + playlist.getMediaInstance().getLength()); System.out.println("movie playback rate is: " + playlist.getMediaInstance().getRate()); } catch (VLCException e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block e.printStackTrace(); } } else { jvlc.setVideoOutput(jvcanvas); String mediaPath = jTextField1.getText(); mediaPath = mediaPath.replaceAll(Matcher.quoteReplacement("\\\\"), Matcher.quoteReplacement("\\")); mediaDescriptor = new MediaDescriptor(jvlc, mediaPath); mediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer(mediaDescriptor); System.out.println(mediaPlayer.getLength()); mediaPlayer.play(); while(mediaPlayer.getLength() == 0){ } System.out.println(mediaPlayer.getLength()); } } private void fullScreenButtonActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) { // jvlc.fullScreen(); } private javax.swing.JButton setButton; private javax.swing.JButton pauseButton; private javax.swing.JButton stopButton; private javax.swing.JButton fullScreenButton; private javax.swing.JTextField jTextField1; public JPanel jvcc; public JVLC jvlc; // MediaControlInstance mci; } public class VlcClient_edit { public static void main(String[] args) { VLCPlayerFrame_edit f = new VLCPlayerFrame_edit(); f.setBounds(0, 0, 500, 500); f.addWindowListener(new WindowAdapter() { @Override public void windowClosing(WindowEvent ev) { System.exit(0); } }); f.setVisible(true); } }

I will try to get a snippet of a movie file that exhibits this behavior. Currently, I have two .MP4 videos that exhibit this behavior. I've also tested a .WMV and .MOV file that seem to work fine. Is it the movie that is corrupt here? Or am I incorrectly using JVLC?

Again, please let me know if I can provide more information to help look into this issue. Thank you again!

randgen22
New Cone
New Cone

Postby randgen22 » 29 Jul 2008 04:33

Just a small update -- I have uploaded a clip of one video that exhibits this behavior at:

http://www.filedropper.com/bob

giga30
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby giga30 » 30 Jul 2008 19:45

Hello all,
I tried to run this sample on Ubuntu - but hit issues. So I have the following two questions; if someone can help with these I can run it on Ubuntu and provide any error outputs that might help in fixing this issue (I will also try this on Mac and provide the output soon):
1. Looks like the latest nightly vlc executable (vlc 9.0 test3) on Ubuntu 8.4 does not have libvlc-new which the libvlccore is looking for (but vlc by itself runs fine). Should I be running this example with jvlc against an older version of vlc executable?
2. Also I didnt know which path to provide for --plugin-path option (I can find it for Windows and Mac OS without issues but didnt know where the plugins are located on Ubuntu).
Thanks,
G

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby littlejohn » 30 Jul 2008 20:49

Just a small update -- I have uploaded a clip of one video that exhibits this behavior at:

I played the file with no errors.

Cheers,
Filippo

randgen22
New Cone
New Cone

Postby randgen22 » 30 Jul 2008 21:09

I played the file with no errors.

Cheers,
Filippo
Hi Filippo,

When you said you played the file with no errors, were you using the standalone VLC player or JVLC with the VLCPlayerFrame class that I attached earlier? I don't run into any issues when using the standalone player, but do with JVLC.
Hello all,
I tried to run this sample on Ubuntu - but hit issues. So I have the following two questions; if someone can help with these I can run it on Ubuntu and provide any error outputs that might help in fixing this issue (I will also try this on Mac and provide the output soon):
1. Looks like the latest nightly vlc executable (vlc 9.0 test3) on Ubuntu 8.4 does not have libvlc-new which the libvlccore is looking for (but vlc by itself runs fine). Should I be running this example with jvlc against an older version of vlc executable?
2. Also I didnt know which path to provide for --plugin-path option (I can find it for Windows and Mac OS without issues but didnt know where the plugins are located on Ubuntu).
Thanks,
G
1. I'm testing this primarily on Windows, so I don't recall running into that particular file issue. Sorry. :( (I had someone else test the file on his Linux machine to determine that this crashing issue is not Windows-specific.)
2. It should be where VLC copied its library files, so that location isn't fixed. Have you tried /usr/loca/lib/vlc?

Another update:
I've switched back to using the org.videolan.jvlc.Playlist class and it seems to work better now. Calling Playlist.stop() on the troublesome videos does not crash the JVM. I have noticed though that making calls such as playlist.getMediaInstance() while the playlist is not playing causes the JVM to crash. I've been getting around this by ensuring that the calls do not happen unless the video is actually playing. If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks again.

giga30
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby giga30 » 30 Jul 2008 23:06

randgen22 wrote:
1. I'm testing this primarily on Windows, so I don't recall running into that particular file issue. Sorry. (I had someone else test the file on his Linux machine to determine that this crashing issue is not Windows-specific.)
Okay - if that person is able to run the sample fine on Linux, please update with the version numbers used (so I can use the same).

I tried running this sample on Mac...the frame shows and when I set a local movie file the application dies abruptly. Using playlist did not affect the outcome. Here is the last few lines of the output (This dump is captured when running the sample with "usePlaylist=true" - as mentioned, even if I leave "usePlaylist=false" the behavior is same):

0000363] mp4 stream debug: | | | + cdes size 25 [00000363] mp4 stream debug: | | | + cnam size 29 [00000363] mp4 stream debug: | | | + WLOC size 12 [00000363] mp4 stream debug: | + free size 24 [00000363] mp4 stream debug: | + wide size 8 [00000363] mp4 stream debug: | + mdat size 20999917 [00000364] mp4 demux debug: unrecognized major file specification (qt ). [00000364] mp4 demux debug: found 3 tracks [00000364] mp4 demux warning: elst box found [00000364] mp4 demux debug: - [0] duration=94052ms media time=41ms) rate=1.0 [00000364] mp4 demux debug: track[Id 0x1] read 377 chunk [00000364] mp4 demux warning: CTTS table [00000364] mp4 demux debug: track[Id 0x1] read 2256 samples length:94s [00000360] main input debug: selecting program id=0 [00000364] mp4 demux debug: adding track[Id 0x1] video (enable) language en [00000364] mp4 demux warning: elst box found [00000364] mp4 demux debug: - [0] duration=94052ms media time=9ms) rate=1.0 [00000364] mp4 demux debug: track[Id 0x2] read 377 chunk [00000364] mp4 demux debug: track[Id 0x2] read 2940 samples length:94s [00000364] mp4 demux debug: adding track[Id 0x2] audio (enable) language en [00000364] mp4 demux debug: ignoring track[Id 0x3] [00000364] main demux debug: using demux module "mp4" [00000364] main demux debug: TIMER module_Need() : 91.738 ms - Total 91.738 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 91.738 ms) [00000364] mp4 demux warning: DEMUX_GET_FPS unimplemented !! [00000364] mp4 demux warning: DEMUX_GET_FPS unimplemented !! [00000360] main input debug: looking for a subtitle file in /Users/giga/Movies/ [00000365] main decoder debug: looking for decoder module: 30 candidates [00000365] avcodec decoder debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 3357184 ) [00000365] avcodec decoder debug: ffmpeg codec (H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)) started [00000365] main decoder debug: using decoder module "avcodec" [00000365] main decoder debug: TIMER module_Need() : 2.283 ms - Total 2.283 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.283 ms) [00000365] main decoder debug: thread 2970869760 (decoder) created at priority 0 (../../src/input/decoder.c:217) [00000365] main decoder debug: thread started [00000366] main decoder debug: looking for decoder module: 30 candidates [00000366] main decoder debug: using decoder module "faad" [00000366] main decoder debug: TIMER module_Need() : 0.520 ms - Total 0.520 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.520 ms) [00000366] main decoder debug: thread 2971402240 (decoder) created at priority 22 (../../src/input/decoder.c:217) [00000366] main decoder debug: thread started [00000360] main input debug: `/Users/giga/Movies/20080519.mov' successfully opened [00000364] mp4 demux debug: elst (0) gives 0ms (movie)-> 41ms (track) [00000364] mp4 demux debug: track[Id 0x1] using Sync Sample Box (stss) [00000364] mp4 demux debug: stts gives 1 --> 0 (sample number) [00000364] mp4 demux debug: elst (0) gives 0ms (movie)-> 9ms (track) [00000364] mp4 demux debug: track[Id 0x2] does not provide Sync Sample Box (stss) [00000360] main input debug: control type=1 [00000365] avcodec decoder warning: brainfart cropping not supported, this could look slightly wrong ... (h264@0xa72c10) [00000365] main decoder debug: no usable vout present, spawning one [00000367] main video output debug: window size: 640x360 [00000367] main video output debug: looking for video output module: 4 candidates [00000366] faad decoder warning: decoded zero sample [00000366] main decoder debug: no aout present, spawning one [00000367] opengl video output debug: Texture size: 640x360 [00000369] main audio output debug: looking for audio output module: 2 candidates [00000367] opengl video output debug: requesting "default" opengl provider [00000370] main opengl debug: looking for opengl provider module: 2 candidates [00000370] macosx opengl debug: display is Quartz Extreme accelerated [00000369] main audio output debug: VLC is looking for: 'fl32' 32000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes [00000370] main opengl debug: using opengl provider module "macosx" [00000370] main opengl debug: TIMER module_Need() : 74.544 ms - Total 74.544 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 74.544 ms) [00000367] main video output debug: using video output module "opengl" [00000367] main video output debug: TIMER module_Need() : 75.794 ms - Total 75.794 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 75.794 ms) [00000367] main video output debug: waiting for thread completion [00000367] main video output debug: thread started Java Result: 139
Here is the console log for the crashed thread.

Thread 22 Crashed: 0 com.apple.QD 0x90b7763f GetPixBounds + 10 1 com.apple.agl 0x971d6df1 aglSetDrawable + 859 2 libmacosx_plugin.dylib 0x1cc38b0b aglInit + 91 3 libopengl_plugin.dylib 0x1d07a9d6 Init + 41 4 libvlccore.0.dylib 0x1a0b77a0 InitThread + 29 5 libvlccore.0.dylib 0x1a0b9c0b RunThread + 58 6 libvlccore.0.dylib 0x1a0eaf9d thread_entry + 94 7 libSystem.B.dylib 0x911c26f5 _pthread_start + 321 8 libSystem.B.dylib 0x911c25b2 thread_start + 34 Thread 22 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit): eax: 0xb12c3a3c ebx: 0x971d6fea ecx: 0x951d4835 edx: 0x80200008 edi: 0xb12c3aa0 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0xb12c3a68 esp: 0xb12c39fc ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00010202 eip: 0x90b7763f cs: 0x00000017 ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x0000001f gs: 0x00000037 cr2: 0x80200012
Thanks,
G

giga30
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby giga30 » 30 Jul 2008 23:23

This was on Mac OS X 10.5.4, JDK 1.5, and jvlc-core-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT-20080727.jar with latest nightly build of VLC that I downloaded a few hours ago (vlc-0-1.9.0-test3).

randgen22
New Cone
New Cone

Postby randgen22 » 31 Jul 2008 00:16

Tested on Ubuntu 8.04, JDK (64-bit) 1.6.0_06-b02, and 0.9 VLC/JVLC bindings dated July 24.

giga30
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby giga30 » 31 Jul 2008 20:21

Hi all: I was able to run this sample using the playlist on Windows and Ubuntu. (The other way does not work - the sample just crashes as randgen22 has posted; unlike randgen22 the mediaplayer way never worked for me). I used VLC 0.8.6i and jvlc-core-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT-20080727.jar on both Windows and Ubuntu. However this sample does not work on Mac OS X.
Thanks,
G

giga30
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby giga30 » 31 Jul 2008 20:48

Hi all:
Here is the error I get when I run the sample using mediaplayer;

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Error looking up function 'libvlc_media_new': The specified procedure could not be found. at com.sun.jna.Function.<init>(Function.java:126) at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getFunction(NativeLibrary.java:219) at com.sun.jna.Library$Handler.invoke(Library.java:191) at com.sun.jna.Native$2.invoke(Native.java:577) at $Proxy0.libvlc_media_new(Unknown Source) at org.videolan.jvlc.MediaDescriptor.<init>(MediaDescriptor.java:49) at jvlctest.VLCPlayerFrame_edit.setButtonActionPerformed(VlcClient_edit.java:217)
Here is the line of code at VlcClient_edit.java:217

mediaDescriptor = new MediaDescriptor(jvlc, mediaPath);

littlejohn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby littlejohn » 31 Jul 2008 20:55

Hi,
you are using an old libvlc. Update your libvlc to the latest available.

Cheers,
Filippo

randgen22
New Cone
New Cone

Postby randgen22 » 31 Jul 2008 20:57

Hi giga30,

Here is a video game trailer clip I found that works on my machine with MediaPlayer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/download/37 ... arness.wmv

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”