Device Properties Usless for composite TV card viewing.

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
kempvet
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Device Properties Usless for composite TV card viewing.

Postby kempvet » 02 Oct 2004 12:56

I have emailed the developer about the problem with TV cards and the inability to direct capture the composite input in some of them. There is a problem with the way the driver is written for a lot of these cards and when the tuner box appears last the cancel button is not cancelling the tuner option. The driver was never written to be used in the way that the VLC shows the device property boxes popping up one after the other. The source needs to be included as an option in the video properties of the GUI so that it can be set as a separate option OR the driver needs to be written better so that the when the composite choice is clicked on the source device property box then the final tuner box does not appear. Sadly both of these options, the VLC rewrite (or patch) or the rewrite of the TV driver are not going to happen. There appears to be no work around solution for this problem. I have tried to disable the TV tuner in the device area of the systems manager but even this does not appear to work.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”