Freezes while playing streams

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
lideofan
New Cone
New Cone

Freezes while playing streams

Postby lideofan » 22 Apr 2008 02:01

When watching video streams with version 86f, if the bandwidth dips too low or stops briefly, the screen freezes and the audio disappears... and then when the bandwidth picks back up, the video does not continue. It stays frozen, with no audio, and I can see via my bandwidth meter that it is still receiving the stream.

Whereas when the same thing happens with windows media player 9, playback will stutter and then the status bar will just say 'buffering...' and then when the stream is good again, the playback becomes smooth again.

What can I do?
Thanks

secaro
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Freezes while playing streams

Postby secaro » 31 May 2008 22:21

Same problem here. I have been dealing with this problem for over 6 months. This is a kinda serious problem for vlc. It does not restart/resume a stream after common errors. I have tried everything. I have made applications that includes the vlc activeX control to try and restart the stream on common errors. The error i have managed to restart the stream with is when i receive:

recv failed (10054)

But 50% of the time when the stream stops i do not receive any error. Vlc is still "receiving" packets but does not show them. It just hangs on the last frame displayed before the error.

There are so many threads on this forum regarding this error but no answers that has resolved the issue.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”