Audio Channel selection through console

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
heffeque
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.0.2
Operating System: Win7-64

Audio Channel selection through console

Postby heffeque » 28 Feb 2008 18:09

Hi, I've encountered a small problem with VLC. I currently have the 0.8.6e but I'm sure that it's not version specific bug.

I'm using a program called Quick Menu Builder and I'm trying to do this:
Create a button that closes the menu and then executes VLC with several videos in it's playlist.

At the beginning everything was good but then I realized that the default audio channel was channel 0 and I wanted the default channel to be channel 1 (channel0=Spanish, channel1=Japanese). I checked the command line help and saw that there was the option for choosing the channel with --audio-channel=1. It worked. Yayyy! But the happiness was over soon. One of the videos has only one channel so with that channel, instead of reproducing the only available channel, it reproduces the video without the audio.

I also tried doing :audio-channel=0 in that individual video but it seems that the audio property is only available as a general option and not as an individual option.

Only three solutions come to mind:
1. Asking the developers to support the :audio-channel option also instead of just --audio-channel
2. Asking the developers to correct the audio bug when selecting through console an audio channel that doesn't exist
3. Asking here if anybody knows how to individually save audio channel selections in a playlist (if possible).
4. Asking if anybody knows how to change the channel order without re-coding the multimedia files (.avi) I wouldn't mind loosing the Spanish audio channel.

Thanks in advance :-)
(.-=Kiwi=-.)

heffeque
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.0.2
Operating System: Win7-64

Re: Audio Channel selection through console

Postby heffeque » 28 Feb 2008 19:32

Ok, I'm retarded. I just tried using :audio-track instead of :audio-channel and everything worked ok.

Either way option 2 should still be noticed for correcting.
(.-=Kiwi=-.)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”