Updated VLC Streaming guide doc

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Updated VLC Streaming guide doc

Postby markfm » 18 Sep 2004 02:18

The one at wiki.videolan.org, Articles, #3. Added a bit more explanation, reflects the user interface found in the 0.8 release.

File name: "VLC Streaming.pdf"

Posted to the FTP site, Incoming directory.

It's still effectively a Step-by-Step for UDP streaming, but I tossed in a few things related to using ASF and AVI Encapsulation.

Scott

will wait it out

Postby Scott » 19 Sep 2004 06:40

Guess the article hasnt been approved yet.....

Doesnt show up in the article list, and permissions are invalid to grab it from the incoming folder on the ftp site....

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 19 Sep 2004 10:09

it is currently here: http://download.videolan.org/doc/misc/V ... eaming.pdf. hopefully some page will be updated to point to it soon.

Newswatch
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Newswatch » 19 Sep 2004 10:26

Thanks for taking your time to prepare that How-To. Couldn't it be included into the sources doc folder? Vlc is a very powerful tool but from what I see here in the forum a lot of beginners don't really know how to start streaming. As you even included how to successfully stream to a wmp-client (a common usage for all the ones who cannot tell everybody to install another software in order to watch their stream) I believe a lot of beginners would be thankful.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”