Does JVLC crash? (For JVLC programmers)

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Fictorine
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Mac OS

Does JVLC crash? (For JVLC programmers)

Postby Fictorine » 12 Dec 2007 13:39

Hi everybody,

I already posted this issue in the developer's mail list and sent a mail to littejohn but I got no answer :(

I have developed a very simple videoconfence project using JVLC (stable vlc-0.8.6c version) and a few weeks ago I decided to upgrade the JVLC version to the newer one (subversion vlc-0.9.0 version). Unfortunately I found that the version I downloaded didn't work... and, what it is worse, the problem persist. I explain the error:

1) When you run VLCExample you get:

Code: Select all

fictorine@Mario:~/vlc-trunk3/bindings/java$ java VLCExample == Starting VLCExample == Creating a JVLC instance without args[00000001] main libvlc debug: VLC media player - version 0.9.0-svn Grishenko - (c) 1996-2007 the VideoLAN team [00000001] main libvlc debug: libvlc was configured with ./configure '--enable-java-bindings' '--enable-wxwidgets' '--enable-v4l' '--enable-v4l2' [00000001] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface. [00000001] main libvlc debug: translation test: code is "C" Exception in thread "main" org.videolan.jvlc.VLCException: not implemented at org.videolan.jvlc.Audio._install_callback(Native Method) at org.videolan.jvlc.Audio.install_callaback(Audio.java:44) at org.videolan.jvlc.Audio.<init>(Audio.java:39) at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<init>(JVLC.java:80) at VLCExample.main(VLCExample.java:26)
2) That's because, in callback-jni.cc, the code is:

Code: Select all

JNIEXPORT void JNICALL Java_org_videolan_jvlc_Audio__1install_1callback( JNIEnv *env, jobject _this ) { INIT_FUNCTION ; if (jvm == NULL) { env->GetJavaVM( &jvm ); audioClass = env->GetObjectClass( _this ); wakeupListenersMethod = env->GetStaticMethodID(audioClass, "wakeupListeners", "()V"); } libvlc_exception_raise( &exception, "not implemented" ); CHECK_EXCEPTION ; }
It seems the JVLC class is under construction...

The questions are:

Do JVLC programmers know this bug? Are they working on it? When will it be fixed? Can I help in any way?

Cheers, Fictorine.

EDIT: I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon if this helps :wink:

jklanka
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Does JVLC crash? (For JVLC programmers)

Postby jklanka » 24 Jan 2008 05:54

Hi fictorine,

I am little new to this. Any way I am trying to run VLCExample.java compiling the latest VLC. But in Eclipse I am getting the same error what you get.
I started to work on this very keen to alteast to run the sample java file and study further on JVLC.

But I am stuck now. Did you sort this problem? If so please hel me to continue

Thanks

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”