16:10 widescreen with vlc

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
armin

16:10 widescreen with vlc

Postby armin » 10 Mar 2004 21:27

hi

i have a widescreen 16:10 book and store my movies in bin/cue as mpeg2 for fast svideo-cd creation.

no other player than vlc supports direct bin support. so vlc is my favourite but as i want to watch a movie, i have to mount the bin file and watch it with a player that corrects the 4:3 into 16:10 format.

under windows this is done with "powerdvd". it has a feature which is called "pan&scan". is there any support in vlc that would give me the same as power dvd's pan&scan?

best regars, armin

doubleJ

pan/scan

Postby doubleJ » 27 May 2004 21:28

Hello...
I, too, would be interested in pan/scan. I currently use Media Player Classic, as it's the most powerful pan/scan I've seen. Unfortunately, it's very jerky with svcd's, for some reason. I have a 1.78:1 screen and a 2.2:1 screen.
JJ

Zingaro2002
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: 16:10 widescreen with vlc

Postby Zingaro2002 » 25 Oct 2007 12:55

I'm interested in Pan/Scan feature too!

While viewing a file I want to zoom to a part of the screen, without having all the window enlarged...

I use Gom Player and Media Player Classic: both have this feature but they have no activeX control to embed in my application (which VLC has!!!).

Moreover Media Player Classic cannot go faster or slower with .asf files...

Have you solved your problem with Pan/Scan?
How?

Thanks, anyway.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 25 Oct 2007 16:58

Although there isn't a specific pan/scan function, there is now cropping shortcuts which allow the video to be cropped (and thus the video size can be changed whilst keeping the window the same size).

The default shortcuts are as follows:

Code: Select all

Crop one pixel from the top of the video = Alt + I Uncrop one pixel from the top of the video = Alt + Shift + I Crop one pixel from the left of the video = Alt + J Uncrop one pixel from the left of the video = Alt + Shift + J Crop one pixel from the bottom of the video = Alt + K Uncrop one pixel from the bottom of the video = Alt + Shift + K Crop one pixel from the right of the video = Alt + L Uncrop one pixel from the right of the video = Alt + L
Just hold down the shortcuts to crop/uncrop faster. It is perhaps not the fastest and most convenient method, however if you get to learn the shortcuts then it should become easier to do.

Otherwise you could post a new Topic for "Pan/Scan" in Feature Requests.

Cheers, Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Zingaro2002
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Zingaro2002 » 25 Oct 2007 18:44

Thnak you!
It's not exactly what I intended for "pan/scan" but... it's better then nothing!
Thanks again!

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”