Compilation error when compile libffmpeg

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
loicb54
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Compilation error when compile libffmpeg

Postby loicb54 » 29 Sep 2007 19:39

Hello,
I have a problem when i want to compile VLC 0.9 with ffmpeg

Code: Select all

/usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(rtsp.o): In function `rtsp_parse_line': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtsp.c:665: undefined reference to `_ntohl@4 ' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(rtsp.o): In function `rtsp_read_header': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtsp.c:1026: undefined reference to `_htonl@ 4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtsp.c:1027: undefined reference to `_inet_n toa@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(rtsp.o): In function `rtsp_read_packet': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtsp.c:1149: undefined reference to `_select @20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtsp.c:1154: undefined reference to `___WSAF DIsSet@8' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(rtsp.o): In function `sdp_read_header': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtsp.c:1371: undefined reference to `_inet_n toa@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(rtp.o): In function `rtp_parse_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtp.c:472: undefined reference to `_gethostn ame@8' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(rtpproto.o): In function `rtp_read': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtpproto.c:198: undefined reference to `_sel ect@20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtpproto.c:201: undefined reference to `___W SAFDIsSet@8' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtpproto.c:216: undefined reference to `_rec vfrom@24' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtpproto.c:219: undefined reference to `_WSA GetLastError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtpproto.c:219: undefined reference to `_WSA GetLastError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/rtpproto.c:214: undefined reference to `___W SAFDIsSet@8' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(tcp.o): In function `tcp_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/network.h:51: undefined reference to `_WSASt artup@8' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(tcp.o): In function `tcp_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:108: undefined reference to `_closesoc ket@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:60: undefined reference to `_htons@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:64: undefined reference to `_socket@12 ' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:70: undefined reference to `_connect@1 2' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:73: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLas tError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:75: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLas tError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:75: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLas tError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:90: undefined reference to `_select@20 ' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:91: undefined reference to `___WSAFDIs Set@8' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:97: undefined reference to `_getsockop t@20' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(tcp.o): In function `tcp_read': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:128: undefined reference to `_select@2 0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:129: undefined reference to `___WSAFDI sSet@8' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:130: undefined reference to `_recv@16' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:132: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:132: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(tcp.o): In function `tcp_write': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:158: undefined reference to `_select@2 0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:159: undefined reference to `___WSAFDI sSet@8' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:160: undefined reference to `_send@16' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:162: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:162: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(tcp.o): In function `tcp_close': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/tcp.c:179: undefined reference to `_closesoc ket@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(tcp.o): In function `tcp_close': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/network.h:60: undefined reference to `_WSACl eanup@0' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_set_remote_url': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:242: undefined reference to `_htons@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/network.h:51: undefined reference to `_WSASt artup@8' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:367: undefined reference to `_htonl@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:368: undefined reference to `_setsocko pt@20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:411: undefined reference to `_closesoc ket@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:242: undefined reference to `_htons@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/network.h:51: undefined reference to `_WSASt artup@8' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_open': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:329: undefined reference to `_socket@1 2' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:334: undefined reference to `_htonl@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:339: undefined reference to `_htons@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:343: undefined reference to `_setsocko pt@20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:347: undefined reference to `_bind@12' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:351: undefined reference to `_getsockn ame@12' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:352: undefined reference to `_ntohs@4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:358: undefined reference to `_setsocko pt@20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:396: undefined reference to `_setsocko pt@20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:404: undefined reference to `_setsocko pt@20' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_read': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:429: undefined reference to `_recvfrom @24' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:432: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:432: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_write': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:448: undefined reference to `_sendto@2 4' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:456: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:456: undefined reference to `_WSAGetLa stError@0' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_close': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:483: undefined reference to `_closesoc ket@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_close': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/network.h:60: undefined reference to `_WSACl eanup@0' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(udp.o): In function `udp_close': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/udp.c:473: undefined reference to `_setsocko pt@20' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(os_support.o): In function `resolve_host': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/os_support.c:63: undefined reference to `_ge thostbyname@4' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(os_support.o): In function `ff_socket_nonblock': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/os_support.c:74: undefined reference to `_io ctlsocket@12' /usr/local/lib/libavformat.a(os_support.o): In function `poll': /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/os_support.c:136: undefined reference to `_s elect@20' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/os_support.c:145: undefined reference to `__ _WSAFDIsSet@8' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/os_support.c:146: undefined reference to `__ _WSAFDIsSet@8' /home/Loic/ffmpeg-trunk/libavformat/os_support.c:147: undefined reference to `__ _WSAFDIsSet@8' Creating library file: .libs/libffmpeg_plugin.dll.a collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[6]: *** [libffmpeg_plugin.la] Error 1 make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/vlc-0.9.0-svn/modules/codec/ffmpeg' make[5]: *** [all-modules] Error 1 make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/vlc-0.9.0-svn/modules/codec/ffmpeg' make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/vlc-0.9.0-svn/modules/codec' make[3]: *** [all] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/vlc-0.9.0-svn/modules/codec' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/vlc-0.9.0-svn/modules' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/vlc-0.9.0-svn' make: *** [all] Error 2
I try to patch ffmpeg with an experimental patch for PAFF interlacing, but same problem with unpatched ffmpeg.
I compile with cygwin and parameters indicate in the wiki

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Compilation error when compile libffmpeg

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 29 Sep 2007 22:07

what is the method you use?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

loicb54
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby loicb54 » 29 Sep 2007 22:22

method cygwin indicate on the wiki with ffmpeg stand alone

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 29 Sep 2007 23:52

what is your configure line ? for ffmpeg, I mean.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

loicb54
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby loicb54 » 29 Sep 2007 23:59

CONTRIB_TREE=/usr/win32
PATH=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin:$PATH \
./bootstrap && \
CPPFLAGS="-I${CONTRIB_TREE}/include -I${CONTRIB_TREE}/include/ebml" \
LDFLAGS=-L${CONTRIB_TREE}/lib \
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=${CONTRIB_TREE}/lib/pkgconfig \
CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \
./configure \
--host=i686-pc-mingw32 \
--enable-sdl --with-sdl-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --disable-gtk \
--enable-nls \
--enable-ffmpeg \
--with-included-gettext \
--with-wx-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \
--with-freetype-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \
--with-fribidi-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \
--enable-live555 --with-live555-tree=${CONTRIB_TREE}/live.com \
--enable-caca --with-caca-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \
--with-xml2-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin \
--enable-goom \
--disable-gnomevfs \
--disable-optimizations \
--enable-debug \

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Sep 2007 00:02

ffmpeg configure, I mean.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

loicb54
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby loicb54 » 30 Sep 2007 00:08

erf, you edited just before my post ^^"

./configure --enable-memalign-hack \
--cc="gcc -mno-cygwin" \
--enable-gpl --log \

same problem with

./configure --enable-memalign-hack \
--extra-cflags=-I/usr/win32/include \
--extra-ldflags=-L/usr/win32/lib \
--prefix=/usr/win32 \
--cc="gcc -mno-cygwin" \
--enable-mp3lame --enable-pp --enable-gpl --log \

In the wiki, --enable-mingw32 it's present but in the last ffmpeg svn : not work

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Sep 2007 00:11

try to --disable-network
Jean-Baptiste Kempf

loicb54
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby loicb54 » 30 Sep 2007 11:54

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn/libavformat' gcc -mno-cygwin -I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn"/libavcodec -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE _OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn" - I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn" -I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn"/libavutil -I/usr/win32/includ e -fomit-frame-pointer -g -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisa bled-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O3 -c -o os_support.o os_s upport.c os_support.c:31:24: sys/select.h: No such file or directory make[1]: *** [os_support.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn/libavformat' make: *** [lib] Error 2
and if i copy sys folder in /usr/local/win32/include

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn/libavformat' gcc -mno-cygwin -I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn"/libavcodec -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE _OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn" - I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn" -I"/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn"/libavutil -I/usr/win32/includ e -fomit-frame-pointer -g -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisa bled-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O3 -c -o os_support.o os_s upport.c In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-min gw32/include/stdio.h:406, from avformat.h:31, from os_support.c:23: /usr/win32/include/sys/types.h:104: error: conflicting types for 'clock_t' /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/time.h:55 : error: previous declaration of 'clock_t' was here In file included from avformat.h:31, from os_support.c:23: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/stdio.h:4 12: error: parse error before "off64_t" /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/stdio.h:4 19: error: parse error before "ftello64" In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-min gw32/include/fcntl.h:20, from os_support.h:44, from avformat.h:895, from os_support.c:23: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:157: error: parse error before "lseek64" /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:157: error: parse error before "off64_t" /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:158: error: parse error before "lseek64" /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:158: error: parse error before "off64_t" /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h: In function `lseek64': /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:160: error: `fd' undeclared (first use in this function) /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:160: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:160: error: for each function it appears in.) /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:160: error: `offset' undeclared (first use in this function) /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h:160: error: `whence' undeclared (first use in this function) In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-min gw32/include/unistd.h:11, from os_support.c:24: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/process.h : At top level: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/process.h :61: error: parse error before "_pid_t" /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/include/process.h :63: error: parse error before "_getpid" In file included from os_support.c:31: /usr/win32/include/sys/select.h:33: warning: type defaults to `int' in declarati on of `sigset_t' /usr/win32/include/sys/select.h:33: error: parse error before '*' token make[1]: *** [os_support.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Loic/ffmpeg-svn/libavformat' make: *** [lib] Error 2
I don't understand why it's so hard now ... 2 months ago i don't have any problem :?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”