Many file output bugs

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
HyperHacker
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 0.8.6e
Operating System: WinXP SP2

Many file output bugs

Postby HyperHacker » 25 Jul 2007 09:32

I've selected "File audio output" as the audio output module and given it a path, but it just plays the audio through the speakers as usual instead. Seems the number of channels being set to zero - which is the default - does this. The description says it will detect automatically, how do I get it to do that?
Looks like if I change audio channels during playback, the output starts over. The WAV file only contains the audio starting from when I changed it.

Also, when I use the stream/save options, I can save with audio, but if I pause and switch audio tracks, the output won't have any audio from that point on. If I don't pause, it seems to work, but the menu can take up to a minute to pop up. Is there a way to specify the audio and subtitle tracks before starting playback?

Image file video output as PNG is broken too. For 10 seconds of video at 23.976043 FPS with a recording ratio of 1, only 44 frames are saved. JPEG seems to work fine though.
[ PC: WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 250GB HD | 256MB Radeon 9550 | 1.7ghz AMD Sempron | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]
[ Laptop: Gateway MX7515 | WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 100GB HD | 128MB Mobility Radeon X600 | 2.6ghz AMD Athlon | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Many file output bugs

Postby dionoea » 25 Jul 2007 11:49

Looks like you have 3 different questions in your post (which aren't really related). You might want to split the thread to make sure all your questions get addressed. I'll have a look at the audio output issue later (and please post in the appropriate forum category, this doesn't sound very windows specific to me).
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

HyperHacker
VLC version: 0.8.6e
Operating System: WinXP SP2

Re: Many file output bugs

Postby HyperHacker » 25 Jul 2007 12:08

Eh, it started as being just about the Audio File Output Module issue, then I found more problems. :-/
[ PC: WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 250GB HD | 256MB Radeon 9550 | 1.7ghz AMD Sempron | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]
[ Laptop: Gateway MX7515 | WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 100GB HD | 128MB Mobility Radeon X600 | 2.6ghz AMD Athlon | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”