Controlling X,Y H,W through interface

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
brockb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Controlling X,Y H,W through interface

Postby brockb » 26 Feb 2007 18:14

I've done some searching through the forums here but haven't seen anybody address this yet so I thought I would ask real quick before trying to tackle it (no need in re-inventing the wheel if it has already been done).

We have the need to have pixel precision positioning and sizing of the video window and it is variable to which machine VLC is running on (but should not be variable to the content being played). To allow a user to control that height/width and x/y positioning... is it possible to have form elements or controls in the interface that allows for updating and changing the height and positioning of the window? I'm thinking four little boxes that house a value for each H,W,X,Y and allowing user's to type in a value that updates the current window and eventually I'll look into storing a value as a default and allowing the user to update and save their own dimensions as a default.

Has anybody done this or have any ideas on how to get started with something like this?

Thanks,

-BB

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 26 Feb 2007 18:36

Yes you can adjust these values. Go to: Preferences > Video (check the “Advanced options box) and scroll down to the “Windows properties” menu. You should now be able to adjust the height, width, X and Y coordinate.

An example of how you can center the video on your desktop can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=30998&highlight=

brockb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby brockb » 26 Feb 2007 20:16

Thanks for the help. Almost too easy. :oops:

-BB

loic69
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby loic69 » 12 Jun 2007 12:51

and what about changing them dynamicly when playing ?
RC interface can do this....

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”