vlc-0.7.0-test2 winxp. two very annoying pbs

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.

vlc-0.7.0-test2 winxp. two very annoying pbs

Postby Guest » 16 Dec 2003 13:25

I just tried vlc-0.7.0-test2 on winxp.

every other run, the size of the main interface is like 6 times smaller than the normal expected size. If I resize by hand, playing a file will reset the size to its original (small) size.

If i launch vlc with the sap extraintf, the playlist is filled with entries at startup, and sometimes vlc will immediately play the first entry, without even having to press play or something.

Does anybody know about this ? (I already tried to delete the prefs file, it does not change anything).

Thanks,

Dnumgis

Postby Dnumgis » 16 Dec 2003 13:32

I think the size problem is a bug fixed very recently, try a newer snapshot. The sap interface is supposed to fill the playlist with items, but I've never seen it start to play.

Postby Guest » 16 Dec 2003 13:37

I think the size problem is a bug fixed very recently, try a newer snapshot. The sap interface is supposed to fill the playlist with items, but I've never seen it start to play.
well I read on this forum that test2 is available since today only. is there already a newer snapshot available ?

the sap intf thing is not very annoying actually as I seldom use it. but still sometimes it starts the stream all by itself (i've seen this only at vlc's startup)

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 16 Dec 2003 13:47

I also noticed the size problem with the interface. This seems like a random behaviour here (happens once every 5 or more runs).

This change in behaviour compared to 0.7.0-test1 is due to the use of an updated wxWindows library (before we were using one dating back from last july).

I'll check if I can solve this.

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 16 Dec 2003 14:51

Ok, solved the problem.

I'm currently re-uploading the (fixed) binaries for 0.7.0-test2 win32.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”