jumping to location / playing a section

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
sailor.nir
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

jumping to location / playing a section

Postby sailor.nir » 18 May 2007 04:52

I know I can do short/long/etc. jumps forward and backwards, and it's a great feature - thank you!

Can I also jump to a specific location? eg open a dialog, enter 1:13:02, and jump there on the timeline?

What about setting markers for start/stop so I can play and replay a specific section (say, 3:02 ~ 3:07) upon request?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to declare several "bookmarks" in a file so that I can selectively hop to any of them. Any chance of that happening anytime?

:idea: Am I correct in guessing that VLC is intended and tested primarily with streams? But it's soooo useful for discs and files too... A few small features could make it so much more so... :!:

Thanx

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 18 May 2007 05:19

I've never actually tested this feature yet but I believe this is what you're looking for:

If this is what you are looking for, it will be available in VLC version 0.9.0. :)

sailor.nir
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sailor.nir » 18 May 2007 05:52

Yes! That's exactly it! Thank you!!!
What about the other questions?

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 18 May 2007 05:58

Sorry, I only read halfway through. :P
Bookmarks? Yeah that'll be in there too. Just keep in mind the VLC v0.9.0 is going to be the best! :D

Oh yeah, and here's the screenshot for bookmarks:

sailor.nir
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sailor.nir » 18 May 2007 06:21

AWSOME!!!
Now the last thing be a 'stop' marker. Ideally, each bookmark could have a start AND (optional) stop marker, so that any bm could play any pre-defined snippet of the media.

Gimme more, More, MORE ;)

When is v0.9 expected? BTW

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby CloudStalker » 18 May 2007 08:02

AWSOME!!!
Now the last thing be a 'stop' marker. Ideally, each bookmark could have a start AND (optional) stop marker, so that any bm could play any pre-defined snippet of the media.
I don't see anything like that in there so maybe you'll want to ask for it in the Feature Requests topic.
Don't know, they haven't given a date just yet, I can't even tell you that it's coming out soon. Sorry. 8)

joseph5
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby joseph5 » 18 May 2007 19:55

If you can't wait for the release version, you can try the nightly builds.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby CloudStalker » 18 May 2007 20:04

Yeah I couldn't wait for the release version myself. Here's where you can get em...wait a minute, I think I already referred you to the nightly builds in another thread that you made, something about 'pause delay'.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”