Setting Aspect Ratio as a Advanced Option?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
england
New Cone
New Cone

Setting Aspect Ratio as a Advanced Option?

Postby england » 17 May 2007 15:16

Hello there,

Is it possible to define the aspect-ratio for a DVD without having to use the main menu (Video -> Aspect-ratio)? I want to be able to start playback with the correct ratio, right now I have to change the ratio after playback has started. I was thinking of using the "Open..." window, switching to the Disc tab and adding something like ":aspect-ratio=16:9" to the Customize field, but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure if it's actually possible to change the aspect-ratio via the Customize field because in the Settings dialog there is no such option. But maybe I'm just using a wrong syntax? Any help will be appreciated...

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 17 May 2007 15:39

You can kind of do it, but it will force the aspect ratio on all videos. Go to: Preferences > Video > (check the "Advanced options" box) scroll down to where it says "Source aspect ratio" and type 16:9 in the box.

england
New Cone
New Cone

Postby england » 17 May 2007 17:43

Thank you

england
New Cone
New Cone

Postby england » 21 May 2007 03:27

I just noticed this works only for the displaying of the video but not for the stream saving. Is there any way to apply a fixed resolution (or aspect ratio) to the saved stream as well?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”