Success with Dazzle DVC 100, VLC, and Windows

Want to help the VideoLAN project? Designers, testers, translators, please come...
This is NOT about GETTING some help.
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
sta2008
New Cone
New Cone

Success with Dazzle DVC 100, VLC, and Windows

Postby sta2008 » 20 Sep 2009 09:55

According to the Hardware Compatibility List (http://wiki.videolan.org/Hardware_Compa ... ture_Cards), the Dazzle DVC 100 provides no sound, only picture. I've had some success getting both to work.

The only problem I have with it as the moment is latency. I can set the latency lower (say 25 ms) for a more responsive video, but the sound is very choppy and cuts out shortly. Increasing the latency (say to 500 ms) gives a good result but the latency issue makes it unusable for something like gaming but good for something like straight capture.

I'm using:
Pentium 4 laptop
VLC 1.0.1
Windows XP SP2
Dazzle DVC 100 (Came in a box titled Dazzle DVD Recorder, homepage here: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/u ... corder.htm).

Here's the step-by-step:

Media->Open Capture Device

Capture mode: DirectShow
Video Device Name: Dazzle DVC100 Video Device
Audio Device Name: Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device

Click Advanced Options

Caching value in ms: 500
Video Device Name: Dazzle DVC100 Video Device
Audio Device Name: Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device
Check Device properties

Click OK

Click Play

Click Video Decoder tab

Video Standard: NTSC_M_J

Click Video Proc Amp tab

Saturation: 20

Click Video Image tab

Check USB Audio

Select Better Quality

Click OK

Should have one tab: Stream Format

Frame Rate: 29.97
Color Space / Compression: YUV2
Output Size: 640x480 (default)

Click OK

Should have one tab: AudioInputMixer Properties

Click OK

Should have one tab: Crossbar

Input: Video Composite In
Output: Video Decoder Out

Click OK

You might want to fiddle with the sliders in the Video Proc Amp tab to get a clearer picture. It seems it's coming out a little too saturated by default.

mi_moun
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Success with Dazzle DVC 100, VLC, and Windows

Postby mi_moun » 08 Oct 2009 22:31

Hello,

I have Dazzle DVC100 Video Device but I don't have "Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device" in list on VLC.
What is the version off the driver that you use?
Ave you insall Instant DVD Recorder ?

thanks for your answer.

sta2008
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sta2008 » 17 Oct 2009 05:27

I didn't install the Instant DVD Recorder, just the drivers.

I got the ones for the "Dazzle* DVC100 (DVD Recorder)" for Windows XP.

The driver page is here: http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles ... meHW10.htm

danielles
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Windows

Postby danielles » 24 Feb 2011 10:24

I know this thread is a little old, however I hope this will make everyone a little bit happy!

After spending the better part of 3 weeks of driving myself insane and wanting to destroy both my newly purchased dazzle dvc 101 & my windows vista 32bit laptop I have finally found the answer to this problem which has been plaguing us for so many years.

I've been having several issues with Studio 12 mainly with audio drop outs on a burned dvd. Although the captured .avi file played just fine with no audio drop outs.

The most recent problem was having an audio/video sync issue with a video in Studio 12 and decided to see if there was another capture software program that would work. The number of results was more than I imagined. I decided to settle upon NCH Software's Debut Video Capture Software. Just like in the VLC media player, Blaze Media Pro, and many others DVCS could not "see" the dazzle audio "source". After at test record the video came back without any sound.

So I again went on another hunt earlier tonight doing yet another search for this problem I found this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzptSuhKlE

In order for other programs to see the dazzle audio driver you will need a program called Virtual Audio Cable 4.10. This program costs roughly $30 unless you know where to find it "cheaper". Now I know your thinking just like I this sucks. First I spend $50+ on this dazzle product and now I've got to spend another $30 to make it fully functional? Well last weekend I went to Walmart and purchased the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD product because they keep their products in a locked box and I couldn't read the details on the box. Upon getting home I headed off to their forums and it seems that even their capture device suffers from the same problem as well when it comes to the VLC media player. So of course I returned it.

Now once you have VAC installed
Choose Dazzle DVC 10x audio device as your wave in
I left Conexant HD audio output as my wave out but I could also change it to Virtual Cable 1
Then just press start & minimize the window.

Now your all set. You can finally here sound though a variety of programs!

ale5000
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
Operating System: Windows

Postby ale5000 » 31 May 2011 15:06

You could try the "VirtualDub dazzle hack"

Return to “Contribute and help the VideoLAN project”