How Can Donate To VLC Project With a Request? This Was Based Off 3 DM's

Want to help the VideoLAN project? Designers, testers, translators, please come...
This is NOT about GETTING some help.
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How Can Donate To VLC Project With a Request? This Was Based Off 3 DM's

Postby Aspersimgamer » 28 Feb 2022 18:09

I just sent an email to videolan@videolan.org

I emailed them the following message

My new message. by admin request I think???
I read the 3rd rule but does that apply to this???

3: SPAM or advertising on the forum is not allowed and will be removed. Announcements of new versions of software closely related to the area of video and streaming however are allowed.

VLC is a project that takes no in no money as far as I know but I know a way that at least they could make a business out of what they do IF certain ICECAST members paid to have their station listed in an easy to find location in the VLC ICECAST directory. I would be willing to pay to have my ICECAST station listed in an easier to find location,

from my internet insights millions of use VLC, but with all the choices of online radio it makes it impossible for someone like me to get any listeners, and my expensive server is mostly just sucking dust and juice, I offer a commercial free music station. this station cost Me money to run it and if I can't get anybody to tune in this poor expensive high class machine's life is just going waste and so is my money. :cry:

I do this as a hobby from my own home on a vary expensive PC.

Stream details
Format= MPEG AAC (mp4)
Type Audio
Sample Rate= 44100 Hz
Bit's Per Sample= 32
AAC Extension SBR
Stream bandwidth 64k

Genre: VARIOUS

message sent to 3 admins
First off I want people to tune into my radio station, I love to share my love of music in the world I do not advertise, I will support VLC I am thinking about donating IF to your VLC cause IF i can get more listeners to tune in with the VLC agent.

I currently give my money to Facebook for advertising costs to get the word out there with so much competition I get so few listeners now, and my money is going into the pit both on running and advertising on Facebook I want to get my free of charge radio station popular it's hell out here :cry:

all the radio station forums banned me for spam on the first post and without warning please do not do this to me I will be willing to pay VLC money IF i can get more VLC user agent listeners and a privilege to placed on the top of the VLC ICECAST directory if since I might pay you if you can make this happen for me :roll:
you can see located in the VLC ICECAST

The Angel Classic Rock Mix----- No Commercials & (live) from Taylor Michigan

If you would be willing to put me toward 1st in line and let me know what you did let me pay VLC project and I promise at least $30USD a month from me to you :-|

(edit) bill must be the 1st of every month, $30.00 USD continuous with a credit card payment I can help you and VLC and you can help me, it's a win win nothing to lose on your part

all my server is doing is sucking juice with maybe 1 or 2 listeners every 5-8 hours most days now. I don't want to waste my PC's life if noone is going to tune in I know for a fact VLC is the answer to my want :roll:

(edit) This is NOT A SCAM, If you say no VLC will be missing out

My 1st PM reply from @InTheWIngs

Re: Mod Tweak Issue And I Would Like To Donate (details)
Sent: 28 Feb 2022 07:42
Recipient: Aspersimgamer

I don't understand what you mean. Go back to the topic discussion

And we do not allow requests by DM. (that's clearly written)
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)
http://nap.casthost.net:2199/tunein/justinangelradio-stream.pls

chubinou
Developer
Developer

Re: How Can Donate To VLC Project With a Request? This Was Based Off 3 DM's

Postby chubinou » 01 Mar 2022 11:54

VLC retrieve its icecast servers from http://dir.xiph.org,

your server seems to be already listed there http://dir.xiph.org/search?q=The+Angel+Classic+Rock+Mix so it should appears in VLC. VLC doesn't promote any icecast station in particular.

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 01 Mar 2022 12:57

VLC retrieve its icecast servers from http://dir.xiph.org,

your server seems to be already listed there http://dir.xiph.org/search?q=The+Angel+Classic+Rock+Mix so it should appears in VLC. VLC doesn't promote any icecast station in particular.
thank you!!! for this but what I was trying to talk about was getting it listed is an easy to find spot on the VLC directory I really appreciate you linking my ICECAST though that will help but still I was hoping

to be listed toward the top when the VLC loads since there are thousands of stations to sort through most don't even have a proper name either lots of no name "online radio" stations called Online Radio in the VLC directory.

Unlike most of those other broadcasters I gave my station a proper name and listing, if I were them I'd at least give my station a name

why do so many stations come with no proper name or title?? :shock:
(edit)
If you guys can't make this happen it's ok I'll find a different way to promote my rock station I just got into streamfinder last night but if VLC is willing the deal is still on
MY RADIO STATION: with NO commercials (go to link to download then run with VLC on any device)

chubinou
Developer
Developer

Postby chubinou » 01 Mar 2022 13:35

I'm sorry but VLC is and will remain add-free. Putting your stream towards the top would be breaking this promise.

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 01 Mar 2022 13:53

that's fine :) but it would not need to be an ad just an easy to find link, plus I don't use commercials and my station is going to remain add free, I was only trying to start something that VLC could potentially benefit financially if you put my link in a separate category within the app or something others might want to have theirs as well, VLC project could turn into a business for you guys to profit off djs who choose to donate but don't need to. Pay to be like Jamendo or something.

It would not break the promise IF the DJ choose to pay VLC only if you charged others in the main 1000's directory

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 02 Mar 2022 16:55

ok so today and last night I've been getting more VLC listeners? I have the money but I need to know what was done or if anything was done at all for me like I said I would like to be in an easier to find directory, then I will promise $30USD a month I would like a more coinvent way to pay, like a bill or an auto draw from my bank account, if you guys can give me my own directory if you can't put my an an easy to find ICECAST location the money is yours you've earned it :?

I keep my promises :-|

Aspersimgamer
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Aspersimgamer » 03 Mar 2022 07:17

due to the bug one day out of every 3 month I get listed in an easy to find location yesterday was that day, I really wish it would last more than 24 hours once every 3 months, this makes me upset. I want to be listed in that easy to find list every day :cry:

(edit) I'm praying VLC will take my offer I'm sure others will follow, I am a volunteer I know VLC is free, but I figure, they could use the funds and I can use this opportunity. If you don't want me to pay that's fine also but what I am asking I assume would require some work on the developers part so, that's why I want to pay for this that's all

Return to “Contribute and help the VideoLAN project”