! VLC Appreciation Thread

Want to help the VideoLAN project? Designers, testers, translators, please come...
This is NOT about GETTING some help.
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
vlanfan
New Cone
New Cone

Re: ! VLC Appreciation Thread

Postby vlanfan » 07 Sep 2011 10:38

AWESOME program keep up the good work! Thank you to all project members and supporters.

sgraves66
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sgraves66 » 23 Oct 2011 04:19

Excellent work on 1.2.x (and all prior versions, of course)! I'm quite excited about this upcoming release in particular. Great job.

MyUserName787985854
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.1.6 x64
Operating System: Win10 x64

Postby MyUserName787985854 » 28 Feb 2012 09:06

Awesome player, only one I've been using since it existed? Long time ago, cannot recall. Been using it for quite a long time.

Keep up the hard work, very much appreciated!

bebopbadass
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bebopbadass » 19 Mar 2012 07:14

i would just like to say i have never had software let alone freeware that the makers and community were so supportive of any issues ive had, most of the programs i speak of ive shelled out big bucks to get too! you guys rock! keep up the good work! im now a user for life, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

AkimboAlways
New Cone
New Cone

Postby AkimboAlways » 28 Mar 2012 02:50

Just wanted to put a big shout-out to all those involved; this is by-far the best media player available and has been for a long while.

From the early days VLC was able to play RealMedia bulSH!T3 and half downloaded files (which is a real booner!), it has continued to grow and now user freedom truly is head and Johnson above all else! Please bless us with your divine code, oh monkeys in the sky!!!!

If you do not use this software already and are looking for testimony to persuade you, then let me assure you, I'm sure you'd struggle to find a more definitive answer than mine. VLC is the BEST Period

Jim.

jayissmarter
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jayissmarter » 29 Mar 2012 10:20

I sent a donation in a little while ago! :)

I do say keep up the great work! And if you don't feel like it, that's cool too. VLC is awesome as-is! =P

kd4lyh
New Cone
New Cone

I tried others and this is the best!

Postby kd4lyh » 13 May 2012 22:16

After my niece had sent me an .mov file my Quicktime woudnt play it. I got tired of trying to repair it. I tried several independant programs out there that where suppose to play .mov files. Then I came across VLC media player, installed it and it worked. The developers of this software have really done their homework. You have my support and my donation .

Best Regards
Jeff
KD4LYH

moonbeam
New Cone
New Cone

Postby moonbeam » 02 Jun 2012 05:43

Im really impressed with the new VLC 2.0.1 Twoflower the layout and everything its smooth as can be I think the best release ive ever seen in 7 years totally amazing.I have to say well done this one is a good one Im keeping it :lol:

Lawrey
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: latest

Postby Lawrey » 08 Jun 2012 23:35

The most recent VLC versions are really nice! Well done. Previously had to switch between VLC and other players, but now it's as basically as good as anything out there.

cordsally
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cordsally » 09 Jun 2012 07:30

Accept thanks from me,good job done!keep :P it up!

RobinBrighouse
New Cone
New Cone

Postby RobinBrighouse » 11 Oct 2012 17:12

So after an epic journey to this point I finally get to write a post in appreciation of the install process. I've been doing computers since 1988 and it is so refreshing to get to the end of the installation process without undue or un needed stress. Well done gentlemen! I was particularly impressed with the language used in the legal gubbins page. How you were going to use my information was relayed in non legalise (I find offensive). It was clearly explained and it was so nicely pointed out that I had a choice. I chose to allow you to use my data. Thank You for a happy install! :)

sivadeel
New Cone
New Cone

Postby sivadeel » 29 Dec 2012 10:23

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you for the Kindle Fire VLC app I downloaded today and the countless times VLC has come to the rescue on other platforms when supposedly similar players have failed.

Happily made a donation as a result - I really appreciate the work you guys put in to make it so successful.

Thanks and all the best for the New Year.

jucevlc
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jucevlc » 04 Mar 2013 22:43

Great Job.
The LibVLC initiative is very open minded!

ParaNoya
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: vlc-2.0.4-win32
Operating System: windows XP

Postby ParaNoya » 28 Apr 2013 08:25

Yes..vlc is great! :D
ty all the people who make it work. :D
Initially I became a fan because it loads so quickly and sounds good
Then I found it plays just about anything..saves me hours of transcoding :D
Most people I have recommended it to love it :D
It has the reputation for being only for geeks.. unfortunately
Possibly because the GUI is not as user-friendly as some
I have no idea how to code..but am considering learning just so I can submit a more user-friendly playlist function

explainervideoly
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Windows

Postby explainervideoly » 31 Aug 2014 14:01

VLC is the best video player available on the net. Amazingly, it's FREE.. I always recommend this to our clients whenever they have problem playing back a video. I really appreciate all the great work you guys put into this. Keep it up :)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 05 Sep 2014 05:39

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Gamemaker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Gamemaker » 23 Apr 2015 04:11

I was searching for a 4K h.264 windows platform player on PC to play 4k into Sony X90B TV.The Sony TV wouldn't play 4k on a USB stick!!

The two free h.264 software I used incl Divx and Wondershare was a disappointment and unstable. :x

I then came across the VLC player. I have been testing this out on my PC with an AMD APU and R285 Graphics card. A brilliant piece of software,very stable and plays perfect 4k movies. It even does great as a picture viewer. :P

I would have paid 50 dollars to buy this software on licence.

The quality of the playback was first class.I am extremely fussy. My PC CPU is 3 years old but the AMD graphics card and the VLC player was perfectly complementary and munched through the playback with ease.

EdwinE
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby EdwinE » 12 Jun 2015 13:36

It'll be a quick shout from me. I like VLC because no matter what you load in it ..; it'll play it.
As my wife's chinese and a lot of the things we download for her is in an rmvb format with chinese subs... VLC 'll take it & play it without problems...
Thanks VLC for not forcing me to install software in a language i don't understand. That way i can control what goes on on my machine.
It even runs on a 9 year old surviving machine.

dmack
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dmack » 17 May 2016 02:54

Best player on the web.

Thank you for making it!

_fred_berg_
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
Operating System: Window 10

Postby _fred_berg_ » 21 Jul 2016 20:24

VLC is just a work of wonder!!
I'am now able to play my video on android, hope youll keep on updating the software!
Please keep it up! :)
"your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning"

warp-9.9
New Cone
New Cone

Postby warp-9.9 » 15 Jan 2017 16:54

Appreciate the efforts of all volunteers over the years who have turned this open-source, reliable, sophisticated, multi-platform media player into a reality. Please continue this work. Now here's my list of feature requests. (pulls out a scroll that falls to floor and rolls across room and bumps kitty sleeping in corner who looks up, annoyed)

globalvisioninc635
New Cone
New Cone

Postby globalvisioninc635 » 16 Dec 2017 15:47

A big thank you to the VLC team and keep up your good work, Keep delighting us with your video player.

Luna Moon
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Windows

Postby Luna Moon » 23 Feb 2018 22:14

I would also like to say thank you! In my opinion, it is the best player. I am using it for years now. Seeing how people easily complain (e.g. about the santa hat...) I really think I need to say thank you. You put a lot of work in it, thanks for your time and work!

Kuba Marcinkowski
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kuba Marcinkowski » 27 Feb 2018 12:52

Beside all that been said here and what a beast VLC is, I want to thank you, that from version VLC 3.0.0 there is no problem with playing and seeking in AAC files downloaded from YouTube.

Files are in DASH format and MP4 packed, previous VLC had problems with them. Now I don't have to remux them. Thank you.

Return to “Contribute and help the VideoLAN project”