How to select language?

Everything related to VLC media player translations: new translations, corrections, ...
Roffen
New Cone
New Cone

How to select language?

Postby Roffen » 14 Aug 2012 16:34

Uncertain about which forum to use, but can't be to bad using this one:

I need the English interface when following a streaming setup for VLC on Youtube.
But I only get my Norwegian language and that makes it difficult for me.
Several download and installation attempts but nothing changes.
How do I solve that?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: How to select language?

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 14 Aug 2012 17:15

OS?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Roffen
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Roffen » 14 Aug 2012 20:28

All right: I use Windows XP SP3 and download and install the latest version of VLC.

I found this turorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V4r7FheVzM for setting up audio (MP3 streaming over a local network. Similar to how I can use Windows Media Player under Windows 7 for making playlists to stream over my wireless network to a receiver designed to play playlists, using protocol UPnP.

On the radio I select
Shared Media, MyPC: MUSIC:, Playlists, All Playlistst, List #1
and after some Please Wait the list is displayed on the radio and I can start listening.

I think I have to give up. I was hoping that the tutorial might enable me to set up VLC for streaming a playlist in the same way but my screeen doesn't look like in the tutorial. Here I only see the VLC main window, but the tutorial shows what looks like a browser window with a minimal VLC window inside it.

I thought it might be less confusing if the VLC drop down menus would be in English instead of like

Vis (View)
Legg til brukerflate (Add interface)
Web (Web interface)

but the problem goes beyond that. I can't get anywhere after selecting "Web Interface".

That's all.

negriiita
New Cone
New Cone

change audio track?

Postby negriiita » 27 Sep 2012 21:11

modify treatment to Spanish audio track only two options deshabilitar/pista1 throws me how I can enable the Spanish language please thanks

Harshada
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Harshada » 22 May 2013 09:08

First of all
1) Open the VLC Player.
2) Then, go to the Tools Preferences  Interface.
3) After that, you will see the “Language” box.
4) On menus Language, you can Change / select the language of VLC Player
5) There are many languages including English, Greek, Italian, French etc.
That’s it…..so simple!
Hopefully this will help you….to solve your problem.

Frederic_Lafleur
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Frederic_Lafleur » 27 Oct 2013 10:21

Hello every body from a french man who is living in Thailand...
so excuse my english... :lol:

2) Then, go to the Tools Preferences  Interface.

eh! eh! it's all written in thai language...I can read somethings along the roads but cannot read a newspaper nor instructions on thai_videolan...

I found n* 4 and I can see there is french language ... but after all is in thai...

What to do now with the line " french" or "english" for english people living in Thailand ?

no_se
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby no_se » 31 May 2015 12:43

On desktop (for windows and OSX that is) version, you can select the interface language.
When you found the correct item in the preferences, you have to choose the wanted language, save the setting (the button should have focus, so a simple "ENTER" should do) and restart vlc.

How to select the right language:
-The top entry is "auto" which will take the system setting.
-The second entry is "American english"
-The rest is mostly sorted by the language code and might change whenever new languages are included.

On OSX the way to go is:
Menu->
VLC-> (the first entry after the apple)
Preferences-> (the 3rd entry)
The language selector should be the top one

oliru
New Cone
New Cone

How to CHANGE language?

Postby oliru » 12 May 2016 00:40

I was "lucky" to repair my computer in Turkey. Brave Turkish computer repair guys, who do not know any language but native, in addition to hardware repair install Turkish speaking Windows-7 for my total happiness. The first hours of using my computer in this Turkish language atmosphere was mad before I found and changed all necessary localization settings to return my laptop back to comfortability. Unfortunately I installed the VLC media player within that mad hours.

Alas, the program was installed automatically with the Turkish interface. Now, after the change of system settings, I still can see only Turkish interface menu in VLC media player. And I can not change it. I have installed a newer version. I uninstalled it and install again. I installed old version and gradually installed newer and newer versions. While installations and uninstallations I very carefully marked settings available and try all different combinations of settings. Despite the language difficulties of this Turkish menu I found the Tools → Preferences → Interface to get the preferences window to be able to get to the language settings and selected correct language from the Language drop down list.

Nothing helped! I still have the Turkish interface, which I totally misanderstand. Unfortunately Ctrl-C \ Ctrl-V doesn't work in this situation to use the Google translate. What can I do?

Return to “VLC media player Translations”