rc control of fullscreen, hotkeys

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
SteveRicketts
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

rc control of fullscreen, hotkeys

Postby SteveRicketts » 26 Nov 2010 14:11

I'm controlling VLC through the rc interface and need to: (1) Know if the video is in full screen mode or (2) Be able to specify to be in full or not. All I can get to work is toggling full screen by using the fullscreen command. To see the fullscreen status, I tried status, stats, info, description... no luck.

If I use fullscreen with one of the parameters on|off|1|0|true|false I get: Error in `fullscreen true' ...ogram files\videolan\vlc\lua\intf\modules\common.lua:16: bad argument #-1 to 'foo' (boolean expected, got string). So, it looks like it will accept a on/off parameter of some sort but I don't know how to specify it.

Ok, move on to hotkeys for full screen. The way it appears, Hotkeys should put the video into full screen with f and take it out with Esc. However, when I use either one of those, I get something like : Unknown hotkey 'Esc'. So I try hotkey 'Esc'|key 'Esc'|"key 'Esc'"... same with the f command.

So, I'm back to my original questions:

1. Is there a way to tell if the video is in fullscreen mode
2. How can I specify fullscreen on or off explicitly
3. What is the syntax to make a hotkey work

Return to “Web and scripting”