I need help with saving stream

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
doblinger
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

I need help with saving stream

Postby doblinger » 01 Sep 2010 19:51

Hello,

I am trying to save a rtsp stream via web plugin using the vlc.playlist.add method.

Here is my code:

var vlc = document.getElementById("vlc");
var mrl = "rtsp://xx.xx.xxx.xxx:xxxx"; //actual stream is internal

var options = ":sout=#duplicate{dst=file{dst=C:\\try.mp4},dst=display}";

vlc.playlist.clear();
var vId = vlc.playlist.add(mrl, "vlc", options);
vlc.playlist.playItem(vId);

No file is even created. I've tried using several versions of VLC including 0.8.6 and 1.1.3.

Any ideas??

doblinger
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: I need help with saving stream

Postby doblinger » 10 Sep 2010 19:09

can anyone help me?

JosHuybrighs
New Cone
New Cone

Re: I need help with saving stream

Postby JosHuybrighs » 14 Sep 2010 18:29

Hi,

I have a similar question, but related to PVR and Pause/Resume. I would like to play LiveTV through the VLC plugin and somehow instruct the plugin to start recording locally on the PC's hard disk.
I seem to have read somehere that this kind of functionality has been disabled in the plugin because of security issues that might result from allowing this. This is somewhere understandable because 'malicious' javascript code can then obviously start writing to you hard disk.

Still, I wonder whether it isn't possible to allow this through some kind of 'signing' mechanism which approves the server. E.g. with a public/private key concept whereby the private key is locally stored on the PC. The target environment where this could be useful is for instance in hospitality/kiosk-like environments.

Return to “Web and scripting”