Playlist without JS - loading file into web VLC player

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
DjBS
New Cone
New Cone

Playlist without JS - loading file into web VLC player

Postby DjBS » 30 Aug 2010 02:46

Hi, I'm searching in internet how to do that but i cant find nothig...
I mean that:
I want to load file like: asx, xspf, mu3 and other into web site without JavaScript, because i want to hide the url in the playlist, and when that is in file, i can hide it, but i really don't know how to make the embed code to work with playlist file.
And if that is possible, how to build the source code of playlist file?

torresmedia
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Playlist without JS - loading file into web VLC player

Postby torresmedia » 31 Aug 2010 09:05

How about generating a playlist in something like PHP, and the embed the created playlist-file into the site?

Pseudo-code:

Code: Select all

PHP Add Element #1 to playlist PHP Add Element #2 to playlist ..... PHP Saves Playlist to file PHP Generate Embedded playlist VLC-player with the generated playlistfile Write XHTML-page Display page to user
By doing this, the user will only be able to view the embedded VLC-players source, and no JS is required?

I really don't know if this was what you were looking for, but let me know what you think :)

DjBS
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Playlist without JS - loading file into web VLC player

Postby DjBS » 31 Aug 2010 14:12

Here is my player with JS:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.revolunet.com/VLCobject/VLCobject.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> var so = new VLCObject("vlc", "385", "300"); so.addParam("MRL","'.$playing.'"); so.write("vlccontents"); </script> <script type="text/javascript"> function play() { var vlc = document.getElementById("vlc"); //alert(vlc.playlist); vlc.playlist.add("'.$playing.'", null, Array()); vlc.playlist.play(); } </script>
so... $playing is the stream URL and when i replace it with playlist... it doesn't work.. I try with asx playlist, with xspf playlist based xml, mu3 playlist... but nothing... maybe this code for player is wrong... please help :S

Return to “Web and scripting”