VLC 1.1.2 ActiveX plugin doesn't work with C#

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
dendrobium
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 1.1.2 ActiveX plugin doesn't work with C#

Postby dendrobium » 25 Aug 2010 15:37

Hi to every one

I write a small program with C# and VLC ActiveX plugin v2.

It works well and send video stream when I install vlc 0.9.8a.

After I update vlc to version 1.1.2, it doesn't work. It can display the video, but does not create video stream.

Could anyone tell me why? Thanks for your watching.

Code: Select all

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Windows.Forms; namespace WindowsFormsApplication1 { public partial class Form1 : Form { public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); } private void play_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { axVLCPlugin21.playlist.clear(); axVLCPlugin21.playlist.add(@"D:\abc.mpg", null, @":sout=#duplicate{dst=display,dst=rtp{dst=233.0.0.1,port=1234,mux=ts,sdp=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8888/test.mpg}}"); axVLCPlugin21.playlist.play(); } private void stop_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (axVLCPlugin21.playlist.isPlaying) axVLCPlugin21.playlist.stop(); } } }

Bebel
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 1.1.2 ActiveX plugin doesn't work with C#

Postby Bebel » 15 Oct 2010 11:11

Have you find a solution ? I would like use the last activeX version 1.1.4, but I can't add the dll in the toolbox manager of VS2008...

ojrn
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC 1.1.2 ActiveX plugin doesn't work with C#

Postby ojrn » 16 Oct 2010 17:07

I heard some options are disabled in the latest activeX releases. I've been trying to use ffmpeg-hw and only to find it has no effect on the vlc activeX control. The streaming options might also be disabled in the latest versions. You might want to check that.

Return to “Web and scripting”