Cannot embed VLC into VB.net

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
5kinman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Cannot embed VLC into VB.net

Postby 5kinman » 24 Jun 2010 12:18

Hi All,

After installing the lastest VLC V1.1.0, I found that VB.net cannot embed VLC as an activeX application......

The embedding of VLC is success at V1.0.5 and older version.

Do anyone know why would this happened and how to solve it?

zimbizimbi
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Cannot embed VLC into VB.net

Postby zimbizimbi » 06 Jul 2010 17:05

Hi,

I think i have the same problem, but also with version 1.0.5. Or maybe i'm just not used to .net and com programming.

I've added the 1.0.5 activex com component to my project, and that worked. Now i can import the namespace AXVLC and create a new VLCPlugin object, and add parameters.
The issue i'm having is: i don't find an icon of this VLCPlugin in my toolbox, so i cannot add it to my form! I don't know what to do to fix it. In the Tools>Add toolbox item, there's no videolan or vlc component i can choose.

I'm using .net 2.0 in visual studio 2008, if that matters..

Mix
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Mix » 08 Jul 2010 22:50

I've the same problem with vb.net 2010... with the 1.1.0 the plug-in doesn't work: when I call the play method the lib crash
Please fix it!!! (I cannot release my next version of the program if there's this bug...)

@zimbizimbi: to have the vlcplugin in your toolbox, you have to add it manually:
-right click in the toolbox
-chose "select element"
-find the lib in the dialog and press ok

5kinman
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby 5kinman » 14 Jul 2010 04:03

I have try on another machine.

There is no VLC installed before the VB.net installs.
After the VB.net finish installing, I start the VB.net and then install the VLC 1.1.0

In that case the VLC can be embedded into the VB.net now without error.

I would like to know the appropriate procedure for upgrading VLC version when embedding to the .net development environment (VB.net in my case).

TheyKilledKenny
New Cone
New Cone

VB6 too Cannot embed VLC 1.1.0

Postby TheyKilledKenny » 16 Jul 2010 18:34

Hi to everyone,

i cannot embed VLC activex 1.1.0 in VB6 too
The error message I receive is: "Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library"

What I do is
regsvr32 for the axvlc.dll and it register well.

File -> New Project -> Standard EXE

Project -> Components ->I can see "VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin" in the Controls list of Visual studio 6 (SP6), but when I try to select the plugin for import in my project I receive the above error message.
Same problem in my VirtualBox WindowsXP and my old development pc with WindowsXP (always Visual Studio 6 SP6)

Same steps without problems with VLC 0.9.6
What I'm doing wrong?

if I browse for DLL inside add component dialog or right click on controls tool bar I receive the error: "The file c:\vlc-1.1.0\axvlc.dll" was not registerable as an ActiveX Component" even if it is already registerd (I tryed both, before and after regsvr32)

I have to use CreateObject for getting an istance of the plugin?
What is the right sintax for trying it ( objVlc = CreateObject("something.vlc") )?

Thanks to all.

TheyKilledKenny
New Cone
New Cone

No problems with vlc 1.0.5

Postby TheyKilledKenny » 16 Jul 2010 19:02

I have just downloaded VLC 1.0.5 and there is no problem with activex.
Only version 1.1.0 gives me troubles.

Is a bug in vlc ActiveX or in my brain?

Bye!

TheyKilledKenny
New Cone
New Cone

Postby TheyKilledKenny » 22 Jul 2010 18:45

Sorry for boring you!

Is there someone who is facing the same problem with VB6 and vlc1.1.0 ActiveX? :shock:
How can I solve this issue?

Thanks to all

FetterDoubt
New Cone
New Cone

Postby FetterDoubt » 03 Aug 2010 23:55

I have the same problem with VB6 on W7 x64 (yes i know this configuration is not supported...).
axvlc.dll file version 1.1.2.0
renamed the file and registered it successfully but problem persists

I confirm that 1.0.5 is valid and works correctly so the problem crept in AFTER this version :shock:

SteveRicketts
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby SteveRicketts » 05 Oct 2010 19:11

Has anyone got a definitive answer on the problem with 1.1.4? I just installed that version and all of a sudden my VB6 programs are not working. I found this thread and assume there is something very different with 1.1.4. When I open VB6 I get the following error in the log:

Line 24: Class AXVLCCtl.VLCPlugin2 of control VLCPlugin1 was not a loaded control class.

So, I kill the old component and try to select the new VideoLan VLC ActiveX Plugin and it tells me the name conflicts with an existing module, project, or object library. Does anyone know what's changed and how to fix?

sr

Return to “Web and scripting”